3.8 How should I spent all that money?

Before Jack and Tom even noticed it was already the end of the year. They spend the Christmas separately and after a few days of longing finally saw each other the day before New Year's Eve. Jack came back home with some Christmas gifts from his family and friends and with a new song he was obsessed about.

All afternoon Jack was listening to one song. It bothered Tom a little, but he didn't say a word, hoping that:
"It will stop in a minute. Just one more time and he will stop."
But when, after the shower, Tom came to the bedroom and again heard:

/mukashi no bokura ima kidzuitara tomoni ayundeta/

[A/N You're the reason why" by Intersection. Those boys are great "Twisted" and "Who do you love"... But "You're the reason" is the best and I wanted to share it with you since vol.1, but it didn't really fit anywhere... and here we are.]

Tom couldn't hold it in anymore.
-What does it even mean?
He asked unpleasantly. Jack didn't seem to bother about Tom's dissatisfaction and answered happily:
-There should be a version with lyrics translation... O, look.
Tom wasn't really content about how it turned but came to Jack and looked at the screen, once again listening to the song.

/You're the reason why I'm who I am today, You're the reason why I'll never be the same, You're the reason why, You're the reason why.../

-Well... I guess that it suits me, after all.
Tom said, gave Jack a short but loving kiss and went out of the room, closing the doors behind himself.

Finally, the day of movie "A man who saw the voices" premiere came. Tom and Jack were as handsome as never, in new clothes, with awesomely formed hair, all shiny. When they were walking out of the bathroom, passing the big mirror together, Jack thought that they suit the party with movie stars.
"And of course we suit each other."
He was thinking, holding tight Tom's arm.

The event was splendid. All those beautiful people, fancy clothes, expensive drinks and delicious food... and of course brilliant movie. It made Jack felt like he's in another world. There was many famous people who wanted to talk to Tom... and Jack had a chance to also talk with them. It was unbelievable.

One of the famous people talking to Tom was the director of the movie they saw that day.
-Tom, it's decided. We can make the adaptation of "Parting ways".
He said gladly.
-The story about a man who killed a little boy... not only scary but also incredibly emotional... When Tim Cruis heard that we're planning to make that book into a movie he, on his own, said that he wants to play the main role. And with him in mine cast, plenty of sponsors suddenly occurred. They were almost fighting to be able to give us the money.
-I'm happy to hear that.
Tom said with a smile, but somehow Jack had a feeling that the man doesn't care very much.
-You'll earn millions on this movie. Even more than on "A man who saw the voices". And this one will be a top hit. I know it!
-Of course, you're the director after all.
Tom faltered the man enough to ditch from him and took Jack to the rooftop.

On the top of the building was a garden. It was the first time Jack saw something like that for real. There weren't many people, as the alcohol was served only downstairs, only a few couples. Jack and Tom went to the balustrade and looked at the beautiful sight.
-How should I spent all that money?
Tom asked Jack, looking at the stars. From the top of that high building they were able to see them clearly.
-You can spent it on me, of course.
Jack said firmly, but quickly corrected:
-I was just kidding.
-Well, it's not such a bad idea after all...
Tom said quietly and Jack became a little bit frightened.
-I was really kidding.
It was the last thing he wanted, live off his boyfriend.
-Of course.
Tom said with a smile and patted Jack's head. Somehow the boy got a feeling that Tom took serious the wrong part of their conversation.

Next few weeks were very hard for Jack who had an exam session at the university. He was a genius, but someone who doesn't fear in not a genius, but a dumb.
-I told you that all this stress was unfounded.
Gus said during they phone call after Jack's tests results came out. He get one 3.
-Why is even philosophy a part of math course? "That's how the studying at university is."
-Is that what Tom said.
-Yes. This guy don't understand my problems with studies at all. Always so brilliant...
-Well... I guess that he understands a little. He's the reason why you passed matura exam, its he?
-Don't defend his while I'm complaining, will you?
-But from all the rest subjects you've got 5, right?
-Yes!
-Have I told you, that you're amazing?
-Yes. Few times already.
Jack grin and imagine himself the face of his best friend, lying on the couch and staffing himself with snacks. Or salad if his on a diet again.
-If you passed all of your exams, shouldn't you have some winter break or something?
-Yes. I have almost two weeks.
-Then let's go somewhere! Skiing! And snowboarding!
-Why not...
Jack thought loudly.