2.7. Reconcile (part 2)

When Jack woke up next morning, first thing he saw was Tom's face. The man was still sleeping. Bangs of his dark hair was lying on his forehead. Jack touched one of them smiling. Tom slowly opened his eyes.
-Morning.
Jack whispered sweetly and kissed Tom.

That day Jack was at work and after that he ate dinner with Gus, but later he left his friend alone and went upstairs for his exclusive lesson. When Jack came back home Gus was already sleeping. Jack looked at his friend's face and gently stroke his head.
"He was crying again..."
Jack thought sadly.

Boy went to the bathroom and took a long, warm shower. His problem was solved, but Gus's... when Jack came back to the bedroom Gus's iPhone was vibrating. Boy looked at the screen and read the notification:
YOU HAVE 42 MISSED CALLS FROM: CHEATER
Jack was still looking at the iPhone when another call came. He made sure that Gus is sleeping, took his iPhone and went out of the room.

-Gus? Listen to me!
Raised man's voice shouted from the phone.
-Are you Patrick?
Jack asked with his most unpleasant voice.
-Hm? Who are you? Where's Gus?
-I'm Jack, Gus's friend. He's at my place.
-Can you give the phone to him?
-He's already sleeping. He told me everything about what happened between you two. I would really appreciate it if you would stop calling him. He already cried enough because of you.
-No, it's not like that. He misunderstood.
-Man, he saw you, all right!?
Jack was getting really annoyed.
"Why did I even answered this call?"
He asked himself while talking to a man, he wanted to kill.

-It really was her who kissed me. I just was so surprised... I truly regret that I let her do that.
-You were standing in front of the hotel, coming out of there!
Jack shouted, but then lowered his voice. He was afraid of waking Gus up.
-You cheated on him. And with a woman at that. With someone that he can't even be compared to.
-There's no need to compare because I don't have any feelings for her! And for Gus... I really do care about him.
They both were silent for a while.
-Let me talk to him. Please...
-Ok. Let's all meet tomorrow at 1pm in Sophia cafe. If you can't put your work out in that time, then forget it.
And Jack ended the call.

That day Gus didn't have to work and he was planning to lay in the bed all day and watch some movies.
"Maybe today will be the first day without crying..."
He thought naively.
Around noon he got the message.
My buddy: Come to cafe. There's no customers so we can eat something sweet and chat a little.

Jack asked his boss if he could take a long break when his friends will come and promised that he would stay longer at the next weekend. When Gus came, Jack took sweet coffee and even sweeter cake, and sat with his friend at the table in the corner. Ten minutes later another person came and sat in front of startled Gus. The boy wanted to get out immediately, but Jack stopped him.
-It won't hurt us to listen to his words.

Patrick explained the situation with the woman, but it didn't really convinced boys.
-How is it possible that you didn't have a time for me, but you had time to go with her to a hotel?
-She just insisted to meet there. She's an important business partner.
-So important business partner is more important than your boyfriend?
Jack asked angrily.

-No Jack... because I never were his boyfriend.
Gus said with tears in his eyes. Patrick immediately wanted to dry his eyes but before he could Jack gently touched Gus's face with a tissue.
-So, what does Gus even mean to you? You lived together, had sex, but he's not even your boyfriend?
-Gus, you never said anything about this matter...
Patrick said quietly.
-You're right. I should've said something.

After few seconds of silence Gus continued:
-But is it really a being in relationship when you barely talk with someone?
-Work is really important to me...
-I know. I tried to understand that. Really. But I can't understand how could you found time for her and not for me!
Gus was crying openly. Jack gave him another tissue to wipe the tears running down on boy's face.
-I see her only as a business partner!
Patrick shouted, but quickly regretted it and continued in a lower voice.
-There's really nothing between us. You're the only one for me. What do I have to do for you to believe me?
-Then shouldn't you at least spent more time with him? When you care about someone you have to see him every day, talk with him for hours, you want to hold him in your arms when you're falling asleep...
Jack was saying that, thinking about Tom.

Patrick was sitting quietly, with his gaze concentrated on the floor. When he finally spoke up his voice was unsure. He didn't even had a courage to look at Gus's face while talking.
-I'm a workaholic. Work is so important to me that I tend to forget about all the other things. If not because of business meetings I wouldn't even be eating regularly.
-What do you mean...?
Gus asked a man and looked at him with his worried eyes. Both boys were surprised to hear that.
-When I was still in high school my parents died and left huge debts. I was living with my grandma who raised me. We had almost nothing and still debt collectors were bothering us for many years. I started to work even before graduation. And when I started to work full time... I became obsessed over it. I don't want to live like in the past, never again. That's why making money is so important to me. Sometimes I can't even control that.
Patrick said and finally managed to rise his head and look at Gus.

Short boy, with a face wet from tears stood up and moved closer to Patrick. Gus kissed him with a short, but the most loving kiss ever.

-Except my grandma, for me you're the most important person in this world. That's why I was taking you out every week, even though sometimes it was really hard for me not to think about my work...
-I know.
Gus whispered, hugging his man.
-I love you.
Patrick said quietly, but Gus heard it clearly.
-I love you too.
Boy answered right into the man's ear.