13. You would like it there

Sunday was a busy day in cafe so Jack didn't really had a chance to think about his essay. Unfortunately in the evening, when they were cleaning and chatting Sam, young girl with black hair formed in a bun, asked:
-How's your preparation for Matura exam?
-Don't even say... I would prefer to do all weekend shifts for an year than read all those craps.
She laughed and gave him next wet glass so he could wipe it.
-I know... For me getting ready for this exam was also a terrible time. But look at me now. One year at the university and I've already forgotten all that stuff.
-Exactly, so why learn it in a first place...?

Depressed Jack continued making glasses and plates dry and shiny.
-And now I have to write an essay... What should I write? How should I write?
Jack sighed.
-What's the topic?
-Write what you want. Just make it 200 words.
-Than it should be easy. Write about something that you like or something that you know a lot about.

Jack thought a while.
-How am I supposed to write about math? There supposed to be letters, not numbers...
And with heavy hear he went back home.

At Sunday evening Jack thought:
"I'm already tired, let's write it tomorrow before work."
At Monday morning he thought:
"I won't be able to write it so fast, let's do it after work. I'll get off a little bit earlier."
At work Jack had a feeling that he's the most needed worker so he didn't shorten his working hours.
After coming home he cooked, ate...
"And now I'm afraid that I need to write it."

He couldn't not write this essay. That way Tom might've think that Jack don't care about those lessons. But writing it... wasn't something easy.
"And what the hell should I write about!?"
He opened his laptop and read the shortest article on info website.

After two hours of hard work, already tired Jack went to Tom's apartment. With freshly brewed coffee and fresh juice.
-Here u are.
He said and gave Tom both beverages.
-It's your choice if you want to stay healthy or not...
-Thanks.
Tom sited at his couch and put both cups in front of him.

-So, what else do you have for me?
-I've tried to write something but...
And Jack handed the papers to Tom.
-Your handwriting... well, don't mind.
First impression of Jack's fertileness obviously wasn't too good.

After few minutes Tom looked at Jack harshly but didn't say anything and continued reading.
-What am I supposed to do with you?
Tom asked rhetorically when finished reading. Jack didn't replied. He was aware of his disabilities.
-This part and this part are identical. 200 words doesn't mean you can write all over again the same thing.
Tom said pointing somewhere on the papers and continued:
-This sentences... I've read it this morning. You can't copy someone else. And the rest of this essay, tho I wouldn't call it that... I'm not sure if it's even in English.

For the next two hours Tom and Jack were sitting together on a couch, side by side, and writing the essay once again. They wrote about the same topic but the finale result of this work was quite different.

-You have two days to write another essay about something else. At Thursday we will talk about it.
Jack nodded. When they were writing it together it seemed so easy... but he was aware that it won't be the same when he will be trying to do it on his own.

-I'm aware that you don't like to read and you won't be able to read all the books you should know before the exam. So, rationally thinking how long could the text be so you could read it?
Jack thought a little.
-Maybe something like this essay...
He said shyly.
-It's not that I don't want to read!
Boy started to explain.
-It's just that... I'm getting bored and I don't understand anything and I'm unable to remember what I've read...
-Ok. It's something that I don't really understand but I get it.
And Tom took out a few sheets from his drawer. He picked one of them and gave it to Jack.
-Those are all the basics about one of Jane Austen's books. Read it and think about it. We'll talk about it next time.
"It seems that this year I will have a really tough time before my exam..."

[A/N I love all of Jane Austen's books so I just had to put it into this story ;) ]

The next day Jack read the text from Tom. The story... well it wasn't really his kind. After some thinking Jack decided to write an essay about this love story.
"Wasn't there some movie based on this book..."
Jack thought and ten minutes later he was sitting comfortably with pack of crisps in front of the screen.

The movie just started when Jack got a message.
3rd floor: What are you doing?
Jack was a little bit surprised, but this man was his mentor after all. It was a given that he would check on Jack learning process.

Me: Studying
Me: Kind of... I just started watching "Pride and prejudice" with Keira Knightley.
Jack stopped the movie and wrote another message.
Me: Want watch it together?
There was no reply.

Jack waited almost ten minutes. After that he decided to play the movie but right that moment someone knocked to his door.
-Tom?
Jack was a little bit surprised but also glad that the man came. It's always more fun to watch movie with someone else.

They were watching, talking and eating. Many times their hands met while taking snacks but it didn't bother any of them.

In the movie there was a long scene of beautiful rural landscape.
-Beautiful place, isn't it?
Tom said and thought of his grandparent's house which was surrounded by similar space.
-I've always liked to look at the cityscape at night more.
Jack said dreamily.
-It's wonderful... you know when you can see shining both stars on the sky and lights of the city underneath.
Tom was looking at Jack's smiling face. He looked soo adorable...
-There's a great view of the city from my bedroom's window. You would like it there.

[A/N when I was writing "You would like it there" there was a huge grin on my face XD like: what would he like the view or the bedroom? XD I have to admit that I borrowed this from Chinese drama "Guardian". This drama is based on novel in which I don't remember if such a scene even was included... In drama this scene was a little bit lacking (but fans imagination worked for sure) so I wanted so badly to put in my story improved version of this scene.]