3.1 Life goes on

Jack, cheerful and easy going guy, a freshman at the university, specialisation math, recently has moved to the capital city. Tom, bestsellers writer who is going through his best time as an artist, few weeks ago moved to the suburbs of capital city. And it happened that those two are living together. They're a couple after all.

They had some tough time recently because of some differences in expectations of their sexual life. Fortunately last night Tom took some action and rescued the situation, making Jack VERY SATISFIED.

Next day Jack had an early lectures so he went out of home around 6.30, without forgetting to kiss sleeping Tom before leaving. All the day he had a great mood, what was strange, because lately he was permanently down.
-I don't know why but today you remind me of a peacock, proud of its tail. It's kind of strange feeling.
Olaf said, looking carefully at Jack during their brake.
-Did something good happened to you?
He asked suspiciously. Jack didn't answered verbally, but his red face answered instead of him.
-Mm... so I guess someone in here had a passionate evening last night, hm?
Alex who was sitting next to them, moved closer, piercing Jack with his curious gaze.

Jack was hoping that he wouldn't have to answer... and Matt came to his rescue. Or so Jack thought at first.
-Jack, could I borrow your notes from last week?
Matt asked, making it impossible for Jack to answer Olaf's question. Blonde boy started to looping for the notes intensively. Unfortunately, Olaf didn't gave up.
-So... Jack tell us in detail. How was it?
-How was what?
Matt asked. He did it without any evil intention, but Jack cursed his curiosity in his thoughts.
-Didn't you noticed that Jack is soo happy today? It turned out that he did some dirty things with his girlfriend last night.
-Oo...
Matt blushed. This kind of topic wasn't really his thing.
-Your roommate doesn't mind her coming to your place?
Matt asked, thinking about the way Tom was looking at Jack, and the way he was treating him when they meet the other day.
-Not really...
Jack said, becoming all red.

Going home by subway Jack and Matt were talking about their professors. At some point taller boy asked:
-So Jack... you have quite good relationship with your roommate, right?
-Hm? What?
Jack was nervously surprised.
-I guess... I mean yes. Yes.
Jack was kind of confused. Matt looked at him and calmly nodded, what Jack found quite strange.

One Wednesday Jack was busy all afternoon resolving difficult problems, his favourite professor ask the students to do at home. It was the most challenging task Jack got in his life. The professor said that the students who will be able to resolve it and explain, they won't have to write the exam at the one of his lectures. At first Jack was really motivated
At first... because after two hours he still wasn't able to solve it.
-Maybe there's some mistake in the problem's thesis...
He whispered to himself, scratching his head.
-Yes!
He shouted with a new idea in his head.
"Maybe there's a mistake that we're supposed to find and correct. As expected, Mr. Stein wouldn't gave us some simple equation."
Once again he started to write rows of numbers.

It was already half past 6 when Jack run out of paper. He went to the bedroom where Tom was lying on the bed, with a laptop on his kneed.
-Do you have any clear sheets?
Jack asked. Man looked at him a little surprised, and said:
-Student should never be out of paper. There should be a few new notebooks in my drawer behind the desk.
-Ok. Thx.
Jack went to the study and knelt down in front of one of the drawers. He was sure that it will be filled with inserted papers and stocked books. There was a mess, that's true, but...

-So, did you found it?
Tom asked, walking into the room.
Jack is looking at Tom's box with CDs.
-What do we have in here...?
-What are you doing? Just leave it, there's nothing interesting in there.
-What do you mean, it's very interesting. Do you know how much a taste in music can tell about a person!?
-And what does music you're listening saying about you?
Tom asked sceptical.
-That I have a great taste, of course.
Jack smiled and started to taking out the CDs.
-Queen, Bon Jovi, Scorpions, Wolfmother, Kiss... all the hits of rock. Oh, I love this song!

/I was made for loving you baby, You were made for lovin' me, And I can't get enough of you baby, Can you get enough of me/

Jack was singing, unexpectedly good.

-I have to say that I'm impressed. I was thinking that you listens only to some Bach, Beethoven and...
Then next five, ten, twenty CDs was all classical music. Jack looked at it sceptical, then looked at Tom.
-So tell me, those few Rock's CDs were here just by coincidence, right?
Tom was silent for a while.
-Yeah.

-Ok. I think is enough of looking into my drawer...
Tom said and gave Jack folded notebook with an eagle on the cover. Then he locked the drawer and went out of the room.
"Don't seeing it today doesn't mean I won't see it at all."
Jack thought, looking at the closed drawer and smiling foxily.