17. The chapter without a title

[A/N What do you think... What should be the title of this chapter?]

-Should we go for a walk?
Tom asked after they came out of the restaurant.
-I ate so much that I think I really need it.
He added.
-Me too.
And so they walked slowly along the little park in the city centre. The lanterns were shining on orange and white shyly exposing leaves and trunks of young trees.

After a while Jack and Tom sat down at the little bench. They were sitting in silence, breathing cold, fresh air of the night. Admiring the view of city covered in cosy shadows and warm traces of simulated light.

One day Tom and Jack had a lesson about one of Tom's favourites books from time when he was a teenager. It was a story about a life of a big family. About their happiness and hardships.
-Talking about family... You've already met my family but I still don't know anything about yours.
Jack said.
-I only know that you have a beautiful sister.
-To be exact I have five sisters.
-What?
-And two brothers.
Hearing that, shocked Jack asked:
-How??

Tom was a little bit confused.
"What do you mean "how"? How did they came on this world...?"
While thinking like that Tom's face became all red. He cleared his throat and said quietly:
-We should get back to the lesson.

At Friday Jack skipped his extra classes, he already thought of it as of something useless, but still were there regularly. That day he was supposed to meet with Gus and stay in his place for a night. Around 5 pm Jack arrived at his friend's workplace, Groomer salon.

Gus had one customer left, fair Pekingese named Miss Lora. Jack went with Gus and a little miss to the room on the back where dogs can be showered.

-Gus... how do you know that you're a gay?
Jack asked at one point. Gus looked at him seriously.
-Do you have doubts again?
-Maybe...
Jack said shyly. They already had a similar conversation in high school. Back then Jack get to know a leader of school's basketball team named David. And he was wavering.

Gus thought for a while and said slowly:
-You know what... I will ask you just three questions and we will know. Do you find Angelina Jolie pretty?
-Not really...
-Would you be able to drink coffee without milk and at least two spoons of sugar?
-No way.
-Do you mind wearing pink underwear?
-No, why?
-Yes. You're a gay.
And saying so Gus continued washing small dog's fur. And Jack still didn't know what to think or feel.

[A/N Of course I'm kidding, this criteria doesn't make anyone a gay, but that's just Gus funny thinking.]

Jack and Gus went out of groomers salon and went to a bus stop. Going by bus it took them almost an hour to get to Gus's house. From almost two years he was living in a small apartment. Or rather an attic rebuild to a room with tiny bathroom. The place wasn't really a dream of Gus, a boy who loved luxury, but it was neat and cheap.

After coming to Gus place he opened the little fridge standing on a cabinet and show Jack what he had prepared.
-Look. We have all fridge full of cold beer to celebrate your success at mock exam.
Jack grinned and took one of cans. Gus turned on some music and they sat on his bed, as in the room was nothing else to sit on.

They talked about past, about their friends from school and what are they doing now. Most of them was university students or were already full time workers like Gus. It made Jack a little depressed.
-Don't worry. This year you will pass and move on.
Gus encouraged Jack.

-Speaking of that, how's the teacher you've been talking about last time?
-Great.
-Simply great?
Gus asked laughing. Jack thought a little.
-Well... He's competent and intelligent. He's a great speaker. The way he's talking... he makes everything very interesting and understandable. About literature, he knows answers to every question. He's patient and understanding. He explains everything precisely, even few times if I don't get something.

Gus was looking at Jack suspiciously.
-And he's probably good looking?
-He's handsome, have a great body and good taste.
-I get it.
Only then Jack realised that he was complimenting Tom all this time. His face turned all red. Jack drank the rest of beer and took another can.

-I've just remembered. I wanted your advice. Last time I was at Small Star I couldn't decide which shirt should I buy.
Gus said while taking from the drawer snacks and another beer.
-Look at my iPhone, there are some pictures.
Jack opened the gallery and found photos of smiling Gus in long grey shirt, frowning Gus in even longer blue shirt, Gus sticking out his tongue in a red shirt with a ribbon...

And then Jack saw a photo of tall, well build man getting into a silver van. The picture was blurry, as if someone took it in a hurry.
-Whose that?
Jack asked showing Gus the picture.
-It's nothing.
Gus said quickly and took the iPhone from Jack's hand.
-So it's something... Wait. Isn't it the mysterious guy you wanted to go out with?
-Maybe...
-Oh, come on! What can't you tell me?

Gus probably only waited for an encourage. He sat beside Jack and started talking with a smile on his face.
-It's Mr. Jones. I don't know his name yet... he's always saying his surname while making reservations. He's so manly... as you can see at the picture.
Jack wasn't sure if he can see it that clearly but he decided to at least pretend that he can.
-He's rich, that's for sure. He came to our salon in a various cars.
Gus knowledge about cars was almost none, but about colours he knew everything, so he was able to say that by the last half of the year that man came to their salon by at least 5 cars.

-He comes every Wednesday with Pepe, a cutie Shih Tzu.
-Wait. What kind of manly guy has a Shih Tzu?
Jack asked amused. Soon he regretted it because Gus killed him with his gaze. And after a murder he explained:
-It's his grandma's dog. She's old so she can't bring Pepe herself. Isn't he charming? Each week he has a time to do his grandmother a favour and takes care of a dog...
Gus said dreamily while Jack thought:
"Maybe he's waiting for an inheritance..."

-Seems like he's a really nice guy.
-Yes. And the way he smiles at me...
Gus closed his eyes with a pleasure.
-So why there's still nothing between you two?
Jack asked and a smile disappeared from Gus's face.
-Cause you know... I'm not sure if it's THIS kind of smile. He's always very polite and has a time to talk a little... but I'm not sure if it's only me or...

For some time it became quiet. Jack and Gus were deep in their thoughts. Only a soft sound of Holland's voice was filling Gus's room with warmth.

//Too many eyes I don't give up fxxk it. Nado molla mwol wonhneun geonji. When I was young, aesseo seoldeukhajima kkok geureokemn haeya hae//

[A/N "Neverland" by Holland. Beautiful voice, and meaningful lyrics. Check out the info about this singer. I guess that most of us would support him.]

When Jack and Gus were already trying to fall asleep, while squeezing in one bed, Jack got the message.
3rd floor: How's your essay?
Jack looked at the clock. It was already past midnight.
Me: I didn't have a chance to even start. I'm at Gus's.
Me: But I'll definitely write it. Don't worry.
Gus looked at Jack's face lightened by the iPhone's bright screen. Gus asked:
-Writing with your boyfriend?
-Yes. No!
-Ok, ok.

Gus laughed and sticked out his tongue.
Me: Let's talk tomorrow.
3rd floor: Ok. Goodnight.
Jack was staring at the last word for a long time. That long that he even forgot to reply.