2.4. Gus's relationship (part 2)

The opera made a big impression on Gus. The special atmosphere of the theatre, the emotional live music, all those elegant people... he was truly delighted and was talking about it all their way back home. Patrick wasn't talking at all, he was just listening to him and smiling.

-Are you hungry?
Patrick asked when they entered the house.
-No, are you?
Patrick shook his head and embraced Gus even before he had a chance to take off his shoes. Man pressed his lips to Gus's. Connected in a passionate kiss they slowly moved inside the house. Still kissing Gus, with one hand around his waist, Patrick started to unbutton boy's shirt. Gus was covetingly touching Patrick's skin while taking off man's shirt and trousers. Gus wasn't able to take even one deep breath between their kisses. They were holding each other so tightly, like their lives would depend on it. Their hot bodies lied on a broad sofa, drinking each other's passion.

Next day when Gus woke up, Patrick was already at work.
"He didn't want to wake me up."
Gus tried to think positively, but...
"How pleasure would it be to do it once again in the morning... and how sweet would it be if he would just wake me up by his kisses... or how nice would it be to read a note from him first in the morning, something like: Yesterday was fantastic or I love you. Would by..."
Gus sighed and went to the bathroom.

Few days later was the worst day in Gus's life. In the morning there was no signs of coming catastrophe. Boy woke up as usual, ate light breakfast and went to work. There was nothing special at groomers salon, he ate dietetic lunch as planned, there was no complaining clients... and then Gus get a call from his friend Andy.

An hour after getting off work Gus was sitting at the table in small cafe in the city centre. He was waiting for Andy, drinking fresh juice and watching through the window. On the other side of a street there was some restaurant, hotel and bank. Gus took another sip of juice and lazy looked at the couple walking out of the hotel. How surprised he was when he realised that the man was no one else but his Patrick.

Gus quickly took out his iPhone and chose the contact "MY MAN".
-Hi Patrick. Do you have a minute?
-Not really, what's wrong?
-Are you in the office?
-I'm with a client.
-Ok, bye.
"Of course, it's possible to have a business meeting in a hotel."
Woman standing next to Patrick was tall and very pretty. She wore tight dress. Short but elegant.

-Hi Gus. Sorry to keep you waiting.
Andy called Gus, but the short boy didn't even heard that. He was looking at Patrick. At HIS Patrick. At Patrick who was kissing some woman. And it wasn't just a short kiss in a cheek. It was a long kiss right in mouth. Gus was paralyzed. He was looking at Patrick and that woman walking away, but didn't really see it. In his head was only one picture. Picture of their kiss.

Gus went back to Patrick's home, a place that just few hours earlier he would call as his own home. He looked at the sofa where only few days earlier... thinking of it Gus felt nausea. He went upstairs and started to pack his things. When he was saying his goodbye to the dogs, only residents of that house he could've trust, Patrick's car parked in front of the gate.

Gus was hoping that they won't see each other. He didn't have enough strength to face that man. Right beside Patrick's car pulled over Gus's taxi. Owner of the house full of Gus's memories went out of the car. He looked at Gus with his eyes wide open.
-What's up?
Patrick asked and approached Gus who was standing with two big bags in his hands and a backpack on his back. Boy didn't plan to answer. He just wanted to walk through the gate without looking at Patrick. Man grabbed his arm as Gus was passing him.
-Gus, what are you doing?
Boy pulled his arm and made one more step. Then Patrick grabbed him again. Boy wanted to go, but this time, even tho he pulled with all his might, he wasn't able to escape from Patrick strong hands.
-Let go of me.
Gus said quietly without looking at the man.
-What do you mean? What happened?

Gus was silent for a moment. He didn't want to talk with this man. He pulled his arm once again. It didn't help. He turned to Patrick.
"If you want a confrontation so badly..."
-You should be the one to tell me what happened.
-What do you mean?
-Where were you when I called you today?
-I told you, with a client.
-Where were you!?
Gus shouted and from his eyes started to falling big tears. Patrick wanted to wipe them but Gus didn't let him do that. Man was shocked by Gus's behaviour, but he answered:
-In the city centre. We had a meeting in a hotel "Landscape".
-How many of you were there?
-Just two. Me and Miss Thompson.
-Is she pretty?
-I don't know...
Patrick was confused.
-How many times did you kissed? Or maybe were you doing something else?
At that point Gus was able to take his hand from Patrick. He was so shocked that he'd loosen his grip.

Patrick run after Gus and grabbed him at the last moment, when boy was getting on the taxi.
-Gus, wait! It's not what you're thinking.
-Is it? I know what I saw.
-Yes, but...
-I trusted you.
The way Gus said that was really painful. He continued:
-I was sure that you're so busy and you don't have a time for me because you're working. And in my worldview working doesn't include HAVING SEX WITH SOMEONE!
Gus shouted in one breath. His eyes were red. Patrick was panicked.
-It's not like that. Listen to me. We were just talking. It's her who kissed me. And only once in front of the hotel. I wouldn't let her do it second time.
-But the first one was amusing I guess. You didn't resist at all. You didn't pushed her back. You didn't move away from her. How was it? Was her lips better than mine?

Gus pulled his hand and pushed Patrick away. He wasn't strong enough to do it as hard as he imagined, but he was able to get into the car and close the door.
-Please, drive.
He said to the driver, swallowing his own tears. With a blurry view he picked the number of his best friend.
-Hi Gus! What's up?
Jack answered.
-Can I come to your place for a while?
Gus's voice was shaking.
-For a while, what do you mean? What happened?
Instead of respond Gus started crying again.