(LN) - I would give up a race for you anytime, you must know that.

This was a request! Thank you Lizbeers 

I really liked this idea, I hope it turned out okay. 

Happy reading!

Me and my three girl-friends enter our favorite bar, giggling to the amazing night we're going to have. I walk straight to the bar and order our regular drinks, I take the tray of drinks from the barman after I paid. That's when I saw my whole world fall into pieces, my heart stopped and my eyes filled up with tears. I see my boyfriend kiss some girl and the pain in my heart is unbearable. The tray slips right out of my hands and I can't stop staring. 

"Y/n! Why did you do that?" One of my friends exclaim. She looks into the direction I'm looking and she gasps: "Wait, is that your boyfriend?"

"Hmhm." I hum, not knowing what to say. The loneliness hitting my body like a bullet, a pain I've never felt before.

"If you dump him he's mine." One other, I thought, friend speaks up, laughing loud. Why would you even want a cheater? I start to walk towards him, pushing everyone out of my way, I never knew I had the strength to do that. I keep on hearing his words, his loving words he never meant. 'I love you more than anything.' 'I'll never want anyone else but you.' 'I live for you.' 'I'll never cheat, I love you too much.' It feels like I have to trow up, like my heart is being ripped out of my chest. As I reach him I tear him away  from her lips the tears are threatening to fall.

"How could you!" I scream, his eyes widen in shock. Somehow the pain turned into power, I'm not afraid of him nor his reaction and actions anymore.

"You were supposed to stay in tonight!" Is all his lipstick-stained mouth says, his voice shouted like he owns me. I give him a slap across his face.

"Well, newsflash! I wanted to go out, now I'm glad I did. We're over, just don't choke on her thong!" I walk away, back to my girls. They're already having fun without me, laughing hard and ordered three new drinks. 

"Can we please go?" The pain's coming back hitting in my chest. The tears that build up in my eyes are falling down my cheeks. They don't even seem to care I'm standing right next to them. They don't want to look at me, am I this disgusting? 

"No! We're just getting started, you wanted to go off and break up with your boyfriend." One points to the location of my, now, ex-boyfriend. "Your problem, not ours. If you want to go, you're free to go."

"How did I ever think you guys were my friends." I stand there, not being able to wrap my head around the thought that I lost four important people in my life. In one simple night I lost my whole world.

"We already knew he was cheating, we just kept it a secret for him. I mean, you cheated too, with that racer boy. Lando Norris is his name?" They all laugh and I can feel my world crumble even more. How could they think of me like that? Me cheating on someone I love? "Honestly, we were only friends because of him. Go cry out with Lando, oh no you can't, he's away being a formula 1 driver now. Anyways it's more important to him."

With that I walk away, almost running to my apartment. My legs could give up the weight of my body at any given moment but I made it inside. How did my life end up like this?

------

I start a new episode of the series I'm currently watching when the doorbell rings. I sigh, put it on pause and stand up to get it. I look through the looking-hole and Lando is smiling brightly. I put on a fake smile, to look fine, and open the door.

"Suprise!" Lando exclaims happy to see me again.

"Lando! What are you doing here?" I run into his arms to give him a hug, he hugs back a little stiff. I pull back to look in his eyes, he doesn't smile anymore.

"What happened, Y/n? There are bags under your eyes, you look like you haven't slept for days!" He places a hand on my cheek. "Your eyes seem to have shed a million tears, baby, what happened."

"Nothing, I just missed my best friend!" I shrug my shoulders and smile to him. I pull him inside, hoping he wouldn't notice the mess. I let my small and thin body fall on the couch. "I was watching something on Netflix, care to join?"

"Have you lost weight? Do you eat enough?" His hand squeezes my upper-arm. The worry rising in his voice, his speech is fast.

"I've been working out." I lie, not wanting him to get concerned. But I failed, I always fail.

"No, no, no, no. Working out looks like this." He pulls his sleeve up to show his strong arms, I chuckle at the sight. He turns around whilst to talking. "I'm going to get you some food."

"Lando, no, I'm fine." I hold his hand and he turns around again, giving me a stern look. He seems so rushed it makes me uncomfortable. Also I don't want him to see the empty fridge. "I just need you now."

"Fine, but we're going out to eat tonight." He sits next to me on the sofa, putting his arms around me and holding me close. He's clearly not relaxed, all his muscles are tense. "Tell me, what made you go into these times of darkness?"

"I caught my ex cheating some months ago." I answer and press on play and the series starts again. Lando takes the controller from me and pauses the episode again.

"No, we're not not talking about that. You loved that bastard, why didn't you call me?" He turns my head to face him and looks into my eyes. His eyes aren't sparkling like usual, his warm hand cups my cheek.

"I didn't want to bother you, you couldn't do much anyways. You being gone for the races and all, couldn't distract you from doing what you love." The tears are falling down my cheeks, I haven't seen a friendly human face in months. Only my ex begging for a second chance. None had a shoulder to cry on. He pulls me even closer, my head snuggling in the crook of his neck.

"I would give up a race for you anytime, you must know that. You're more important to me than anything, Y/n." He caresses my back with his hand and his other hand holds the back of my head softly. He's always been one of the careful and gentle ones towards me. "I promise you, if I ever see that bastard's face again I'm going to beat him to hell."

"And I thought you were nice and innocent. Man, What was I wrong!" I laugh and I can feel him laugh too. His chest is the warmth I've missed all this time. "I missed you. You never fail to make me feel better."

"I missed you a lot more, more you'll ever know." He kisses the top of my head. I know now why everyone thought I cheated on my ex too. "I love you, Y/n. Call me anytime and I'll come to you as fast as I can, okay?"

"Okay."

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you have any requests you can send me a message, I'd love to hear from you! Please vote and share, I would like that. I'm always open to talk.