(LN) - Lando, how about a bet.

I was thinking, if my book reaches 4k reads, shall I post a "Lando Norris special chapter" I don't know what yet exactly, but would you like to read that? And of course later that day, around 23.00 dutchtiming, I'll post another 'normal' chapter... Please, let me know! (Because it could be anytime soon) and also let me know if you would like other drivers special (and who) so I can write them when we reach their race number in reads! (For the ones don't know, Land's race number is 4... Shame on you for not knowing!😉) But yeah, let me know what you think...
Loves from me.

Happy reading!

"Here, the key to my house. With that the door is always open for you, you can always come."

--------

"Lando? Are you home?" I say as I open his door with the key he gave me some time ago. I walk to the living room, not finding a sign of life. "Shit, it's race weekend."

I want to walk out again when my eyes notice a letter on the kitchen counter, I pick it up and read it:

'I hope you find this if you even come in. I forgot to tell you (on purpose) that I'm racing in Japan for the weekend. I left some snacks in de fridge, for you to eat with a movie. Make yourself at home, my sweet Y/n. You can start the simulator and try to beat my fastest lap, if you can ;). I love you.'

A smile forms on my lips. The sweetest letter my best friend could ever write to me, making me second guess my such 'good reasons' why I turned him down. I place the letter back on its place and take some snacks out and start a good film.

During the whole movie, my attention gets drawn to the simulator across the room, the need to beat his record grows every second. I put it on pause and walk to the simulator, starting everything up. I take my phone out and go to Instagram. I post a story with a picture of the simulator saying: 

'I'm about to beat @LandoNorris his lap record.
Lando, how about a bet. If I do break it, I'll be your girlfriend, and if I don't you're going to take me out for dinner for a week.
Both a win for me 😘'

Anxiety creeps up my spine to my heart but I try to push it away. Knowing Lando would go crazy if he reads that, but I mean every word of it.

I step into the seat and start the game and race like never before, trying my best to beat his record on Spa, the Belgium circuit. It's harder when he's not around to give me advice on how to take the corners, or what set-up to use. After a couple of laps I'm done and shut everything off again.

My phone lights up when I'm back on the couch sometime later, watching the movie again. I open it and it's a DM of Lando on Instagram.

DM with Lando Norris: 

Lando replied to your story.
Lando: '😳Are you for real, Y/n?'

I: 'of course I am.'

Lando: 'But when I asked you, you said no. What changed your mind?'

I: 'I know I did, your letter did...'

Lando: 'That wasn't my intention, but glad it turns out that way.😅 What did you get?'

I: 'Land, do you know your fastest lap on Spa?'

Lando: '1:47.063... Did you improve? What did you get??'

I: 'I got 1:46.997, boyfriend😉.' 

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you have any requests you can send me a message, I'd love to hear from you! Please vote and share, I would like that. I'm always open to talk.