(GR) - Even if I'd have to fight God.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes, I really appreciate it <3

I got the idea for this chapter from the movie 'then you came'. I cried.

Happy reading!

"Fuck, why her?" George shouts out of frustration.

"Man, just be there for her."

"You believe in God, why would he take away the one thing that's keeping me sane?"

"He has a plan for us all, he just wanted her back in heaven," Lewis speaks calm but loud, making me shiver in my bed. "It'll make you stronger."

"Bullshit Lewis! Why should I have to become stronger, she's the one keeping me strong. I'll break without her." I wish I could scream, make this all stop. The walls feel like they're shaking, my airway tightens, my bed turns cold and I get scared.

"I can't speak for God, George." Lewis raises his voice. "It's not about you, it's her,  just be there for her!"

"Fine."

"Trust me, both of you will be fine. You'll get stronger out of this."

"You clearly never lost someone you loved." Russel scoffs.

"Guys, the whole hospital can hear you." I shuffle out of my room, not taking this fight. "Please, stop?"

"Anything for you my baby, I'm sorry." George walks over to me, kisses my forehead and softly hugs me. He makes sure not to hurt my weak body. I carefully go back to my bed and George tucks me in.

"When you win your first championship, you have to tell me."

"I'll talk to the moon every night." He grabs my hand anxiously, I know this all hurts him but I can't heal we have to go through this together.

"That's my thing, dummy," I say and playfully hit him.

"I know, and I love you for it. I want to believe, I want to keep talking to you." He kisses my hand and looks me deep into my eyes. "Because I love you."

"I love you too, George."

"Tell me how to believe." He holds a tighter hold of my hand, telling me without words how scared he is. 

"You'll find it out yourself."

"Will you visit me? As a butterfly?"

"I will."

"Which colour?"

"Golden yellow."

"How'd you know?" Lewis says, walking over to my bed. He takes my feet into his hands and gives them a light massage. I smile to him and his sweet gesture.

"Just a feeling, Lew."

"It's always a feeling with you." George chuckles, I'm happy to still see his beautiful smile. I reach over to wipe off a falling tear from his eyes.

"And I always listen, it's how I met you."

"If you'll visit, I'll show you my trophy."

"Oh, you better."

"And when I talk to the moon, will you listen?"

"Yes, every time."

"When I write a letter to you, will you read it?"

"Over and over again." I caress his cheek and whisper: "Even if I'd have to fight God."

All I can think to my self: Please, let everything I've ever believed in be true. I need it to be true.

----------------------

George never forgot to speak to me for one night. I saw him race from Australia to Brasil, earn every trophy until his biggest one, the championship.

"I know it's midday, but I'm celebrating tonight and afraid I'll forget to show it. But I got my trophy, I'm the world champion!" He beings to cry and hugging his trophy, I send my butterfly on its way. "Why did you have to have the big 'C'? Why you?" He sits up and sees my butterfly, shimmering like gold into the brazil's sun. "Y/n!"

----------------------

Galy, this was one heavy chapter for me to write...

Btw, big chance there's coming another George Russel's chapter because there's a beautiful request waiting to be written ;)