(MV) - For sale: baby shoes, never worn.

My first chapter of 'Living in Formula 1' is online! I hope you'll check it out. <3 But first, enjoy this chapter ;)

!Warning: Miscarriage!

Happy reading!

I'm curled up on the couch with a fluffy blanket, it's my first night home from the hospital. Max, my boyfriend, is making me some food. My face's stained with tears, none are falling because I believe I'm out of tears. I feel flaming hot with the blanket but I don't want to move, I don't want to have to move. I've been numb the second she left my body. It's like my lust for life has left with her. Jenette, lovely Jenette Verstappen.

"Here, love. Some pasta a la me." He hands me a dish with his pasta and I smile to him.

"She would've been so beautiful."

"So loved. Darling, I love you and we'll get through this."

"I know, just hold me."

---------------------

I open Marktplaats, the dutch app to sell things yourself. I take some pictures of the shoes and clothes and make an advertisement for them. In the description, I write 'For sale: Baby shoes, never worn. 10 euros per shoe.' and place it online. I get a pop-up from a friend: 'Thinking about you. <3' and I start crying. All alone in this mansion in the Netherlands, Max far gone to race in the VS. Don't get me wrong, I was the one who wanted to live in The Netherlands instead of Monaco, but at times like this, I miss my friends in Monaco. Max his sister and mother visit me every day, which is nice. Max calls as much as possible and I love him for it.

Time keeps passing.

And passing.

Until I get a notification on Marktplaats. 'Are they still available?' 

'Yes, you have an interest in one?'

'Yeah, I'd like three sets of shoes with clothes, Sixty euro's enough?'

'Yes, when will you pick them up or should I sent them to you?'

'Can I drop by tomorrow? What's your address?'

---------------------

The next day I open the door for the lady I spoke with last night. I see the huge baby-tummy and look at her in 'aw'. I tell her to come in and she does, her mouth drops once she takes a look inside.

"A Verstappen fan I see?" 

"Well, I guess I should be a fan since he's my fiance."

"Oh my, I should've known. My husband was all lost on the loss of your baby, my condolences."

"It's fine, I'm happy I can make you happy with the clothes."

"Thank you so much, we'll dress her up with these for sure."

"What's her name?"

"We were thinking about Jenette."

"What a coincidence." I breathe out, smiling at her belly.

"What do you mean?"

"My uh, ours would've had that name too. It's nice. It's a beautiful name."

"Oh, no. We can also come up with a different name-"

"No, please, I think it's perfect."

"How much you get from me?"

"It's fine, you can just take it. See it as a baby-shower gift."