(CL) - I'm always too late.

This chapter's about my biggest fear, please be kind to me. It could be the worst I've ever written because I cried a couple of times and didn't edit, but I just don't have the energy now to go over it and to edit it. I hope you'll understand. ♥ 

Happy reading!

"Charles, darling! I got an answer, can you open it?" I throw my phone on my bed, terrified of being wrong again and having to start all over. My nerves take over my thoughts. Charles sits down next to me on my bed, with a bright smile on his face and grabs my phone. He reads it first and his grin soonly fades and he starts to read it out loud.

"It reads: 'Hello, Y/n. Also, I got the DNA tests back, it came out positive which means you're family and I'd like to meet you, just like my children. My husband and I have been talking about his affair, and he told me he got your mom pregnant years ago. I'm so sorry to tell you that my husband, your father, passed away two years ago.' Oh, princesse." He pulls me into a hug as I start to cry. All the stress and frustration that has been building up over the past years find a way out. "Baby, it's okay."

All these years of looking for my real father are for nothing.

"All I wanted was to meet my father." I cry out, the pain in my chest is unbearable. Charles rubs my back and tries so bad to comfort me. "I'm always too late."

"I know, I'm so sorry." He rocks me back and forth, whispering sweet words into my ear. I scream it out on his shoulder and hug him as tight as I can. I don't know how to feel, I can't stop crying. I hate crying.

"I don't want this!" I push myself away from him, not wanting to be like this. I slam my fist on the mattress, I look at my hand, disappointed the mattress didn't hurt me.

"I know princesse, I know. It's going to be okay, we're going to this woman and meet your half-siblings and hear all the amazing stories about your dad." He pulls my hair away from my face and puts it in a ponytail, with the hair tie he had around his wrist. I can't stop sobbing. He whispers the words I so desperately needed to hear: "It's okay to cry."

"How did you learn to cope with missing your dad?" I wipe away some tears, looking back in his eyes. He cups my cheeks and plants a kiss on my nose. 

"This is a different situation, I had memories with my father."

"I don't care, Charles, just tell me."

"I never did, somehow it gets easier. I just tried to focus on the good times with him and forget he's actually gone."

"Yeah." I whispered, not knowing what to do anymore. I felt like my life was over, all my life I wanted to know who my dad is. All my life living in questions that stay unanswered. We kept our mouths closed for some time and I cuddle back up to him. His strong arms feeling like they'll keep me safe. "Don't leave me, please."

"I'd never." He whispers back.

(A/n: Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you have any requests you can send me a message, I'd love to hear from you! Please vote and share, I would like that. I'm always open to talk.)