(PG) - I had a nightmare, I wanted to know if you're okay.

Happy reading! 

I turn off the light in my apartment, ready to go to sleep after a long tiring day. I look at my digital alarm: 1 am. I yawn and climb into the cosy covers of my bed. My eyelids are heavy and my head starts to feel lighter, I'm falling into a lovely deep sleep.

--------

I wake up because of a knock on my front door, turning on my little night-lamp. I open my eyes and stumble into the cold air to the door. I straighten my over-sized sweater so I don't so too much skin, it falls just above my knees. I open the door and I see the friendly face of Pierre, my neighbour and he has become a great friend over time. I smile to him and his face fills with relieve. 

"Did something happen?" I rub my eye whilst yawning sleepily, not awake yet.

"I had a bad dream." He confesses, shifting his weight between his feet in slight shame. 

"Come in, want to talk about it?" He nods, giving me a quick hug. I notice he's only wearing sweatpants, no shirt. His skin is warm to the touch and it makes me want to hold him tight on this cold night. We sit down on my bed, I lay my hand on his knee for comfort. I turn to him: "You had a nightmare?"

"I had a nightmare, I wanted to know if you're okay." He looks into my eyes, his blue eyes shimmer in the soft light of only my nightstand-lamp. "But you're fine, so I could go."

"No, no, no, stay. I don't want you to have a bad sleep because you think I'm not okay." I move my hand up to his back. "You can stay over if you want to. If you don't mind sleeping in the same bed?"

"I'd love to, thank you." He looks to the bed, patting down on it.

"Go lay down, I'll get you some water." I stand up to go to the kitchen, he snuggles under the covers. I walk back with a glass of water and hand it to him. I turn off the light and the moonlight takes over. I climb back into the, now warm, covers and a slight shiver runs down my spine. 

"Something wrong?"

"No, I just didn't know I was so cold and you're very hot, heating up the bed for me." I smile to him, snuggling closer to him. He puts his arms around me after he set his glass on the nightstand. "Please don't let go."

"I won't, I won't." He says pulling me closer. "I dreamed you were freezing to death, I tried so hard to help you. So hard. Somehow I couldn't get you out-"

"It's okay, I'm fine. Not freezing anymore," I look up lazily, whispering the last bit in his ear: "Because you just saved me."

"You're lucky I came to save your day!" He chuckles. I rest my head on his chest and I found myself falling back into a sweet sleep again. After some time he speaks up again: "Y/n?"

"Yeah?" I open my eyes again and lift my head up to look at him, not seeing much more than a grey-ish coloured contour of his face.

"I think I fell in love with you."

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you have any requests you can send me a message, I'd love to hear from you! Please vote and share, I would like that. I'm always open to talk.