Romain has the best angel on his shoulder.

A little message for Romain,

What happened yesterday has shocked me. I'm sure the crash of Romain Grosjean has put us all into perspective. The perspective that this sport is dangerous, the perspective that this sport has evolved to become this safe, the persective that the drivers may never be fully safe but they try their best, the perspective that they have a great team to safe your life there if you see them or not. 

From what I heard he had about 35G on him on impact, they normally get around 3G in a corner with an F1 car. G-force is the amount of times with your own weight. It's a miracle he didn't pass out, that for sure would've been his end. The time a driver can stay in flames like that is a maximum of 2 minutes, after that, they'll get burned badly. But, if he were to be unconscious the air could've been so dangerous too. Flames take away all the oxygen and it'd leave him without a breath. I don't believe they could've reached him in time.

The moment I saw the crash happen I was frozen. All I could say was 'Who is it? Who is it?' even though I knew it didn't matter. Then I saw Romain fall back to 20th and we knew. I've rarely prayed but right there and then it only felt right to do. It was a terror minute before we knew he was okay, I swear I couldn't breathe. Until I saw him sit in the medical car on TV and I could finally breathe again. I'm sure that moment was the time many (true) Formula 1 fans took their breath again after minutes.

He isn't the most loved on the grid but this was for sure something none would've wanted it for him. I have seen a lot of hate towards him and his crash now lately and I just don't understand the victim-blaming, to Grosjean and Kyvat. They're both shaken by this accident and there is no one right or wrong in this situation. And for the people hating on the marshals for not extinguishing the fire the right way, I'd like to see you try to remain as calm as possible in a life or death situation like this. I heard the board radio of almost all the drivers, most of them, who saw the crash were terrified. In their eyes the only wrong thing were the flames, we should all do the same, not try to fight each other on who should take the blame or who did what wrong. We're all grateful that not one got deadly hurt, everyone risked a lot to reach out the best they could. They can all sleep (kinda) peacefully knowing that Romain is in safe hands of the doctors and that they did a wonderful job helping to safe the great driver and hero Romain Grosjean.

After listening to the radio's, with most of the drivers, you could really hear the 'we race as one'. I'll link the video I mean. https://youtu.be/qDaElY_1_0k 

With something like this it would've been so possible it was the end but he had an angel on his shoulder. And not only that but also his survival instinct, of course, they train to get out of that car as soon as possible but it's totally different in the heat of the crash, especially one like that.

If anyone of that day is Romain's hero it's himself. Romain found strength in himself, no one knew he had, to pull through and find his way out of the flames. To pull himself out of panic and stress is showing how he is in fact a great driver and an even greater surviver. All my thoughts and love will go to Romain Grosjean these coming days, hoping for a speedy recovery. 

He has the best angel on his shoulder.

I'm sure I know who that angel is. It's one who knows the dangers of the first corners, one who knew him and the sport quite well. One who is making sure the drivers may come home safe, because he didn't have an angel like himself. So he became what he needed.

I'm sure the angel is Anthoine Hubert.

And as so, I'd like to fully thank Romain Grosjean, Anthoine Hubert and everyone that helped Romain so far, thank you all for saving Romain his life last Sunday. It's good to see that we can trust you the lives of our favourite drivers, at least I know I'd trust you with mine.