(CL) - Don't think like that, Charles.

This was a request of @chlarde ! Can't thank you enough for this idea, I hope it turned out as you hoped.

Happy reading!

I stumble onto the stairs, tired of the busy day. I hear the soft laughter of my husband and kid in the room across the hallway, my son's bedroom. Somehow I got the energy to walk over to the room and watch them from the doorpost, leaning against it with one shoulder. Charles is making racing movements to our boy's favorite book, Cars. They're both getting tired and our little boy's fighting to stay awake, just to hear the end of the story they've read over a hundred times. A smile appears on my face.

"The end." Charles closes the book and lays it down on the nightstand and stands up. Out of habit our two-and-a-half-year-old kid crawls underneath the covers and closes his eyes when he found the perfect spot, waiting for his dad to give him his forehead kiss. "Goodnight, Jules."

"Goodnight, papa." Jules whispers back, making Charles smile. Charles caresses his cheek before turning around to walk to our bedroom and smiles when he sees me.

"Can you read me a bedtime story too?" I say, carefully closing the door behind me.

"I will, want cars too?" He jokes back, kissing my lips and pulling me to the bedroom.

"No, what about you tell me the story about your amazing qualification today? I'm sorry I couldn't be there." I change into my sleeping clothes and Charles just pulls his shirt over his head and jumps into the bed.

"No problem, princesse. It was a weird but good quali, so of course, I'll tell you all about it." I climb next to him and into his arms. I feel a kiss on the top of my head and his arms tighten around me. "I was wondering if we could take Jules with us tomorrow."

"I don't know Charles."

"If he stays with you he'll be safe. Everyone keeps asking about him, I want to show him off." He lets go of me and let himself fall on his pillow. "Only Pierre has ever seen him in real life."

"You, the world champion, want to show off the further Formula 1 world champion? Of course, he can come with."

"Amazing, I'll call my mom that she doesn't have to babysit tomorrow." He wants to step out of bed so he sits upon the edge.

"Do that in the morning, it's too late for her now." I laugh, pulling him back in bed. "Also too late for us."

"Right, she's sleeping." He chuckles, looking at the clock. 9 pm, not late but since we had Jules we've been tired every evening. Charles' mom babysits Jules when we're gone for our jobs and she's the sweetest babysitter I could ever imagine, but she's getting older too and a baby's exhausting for her. "We should sleep too."

"After..." I wait for him to finish my sentence and as the great husband he is, he does.

"...I told you all about my quali."

----------

"Oh my god, welcome home cutie!" Pierre walks up to us, kneeling down and cupping Jules' face. I see Jules smile and in the corner of my eye I notice that Charles' slightly tensing up. I let go of my son's hand and place it on my husband's shoulder, he relaxes to my touch. Jules gestures to Pierre to lift up and he does, making us smile to our trusted friend together with our baby.

"Me and Y/n have been talking about this, but we'd like you to be his godfather." Charles blurted out, slightly shocking himself.

"Yes, I want to! I thought you'd never ask." Pierre exclaims, smiling brightly to Jules. He bounces up and down, making Jules laugh. "I'm going to be the best."

"We thought so. I never admitted to it, but it's kind of necessary in my family I think." Charles

"Don't think like that, Charles." I give him a playful slap on his shoulder, kissing his lips right after. "You just have some abandonment issues."

"I just want to be a good father to my Jules." He complains, grinning to me. A fan with a VIP pass asks for a photograph and he gladly gives it.

"And, would Cate want to be his-"

"Yes, pour sure." Pierre cuts me off, knowing exactly what I wanted to say. He smiles to Jules and whispers to him he's giving him back to me. He starts texting his girl the news they've been waiting for for years. "I get a lot of heart emojis back so I think she agrees. She's coming later today, had to do some work for our wedding."

"I can't wait for the 'I do's' to be honest." I move Jules better into my arms because he starts to hurt my ribs.

"Mommy, who's that?" He points to the quite tall McLaren driver running up to us.

"That's Lando Norris, my best friend here." I whisper the last part to him, to make sure Charles didn't hear it.

"So this is the world-famous Jules Matias Tonio Herve Leclerc?" Lando says overenthusiastic, taking the little hand into his. "Wait, I said it right right?"

"Yeah, yeah, you did. Hey Lando." I give him a kiss on his cheek and he and Charles bro-hug. "You just didn't have to say his whole name you know."

"I wanted to, it's a lovely name." Lando chuckles and Charles gives me the 'I'm right' look and making me laugh.

"I never fully agreed with it though." I say and Lando nods whilst laughing. He looks to his watch and gasps.

"I have to go, Carlos' going to get angry..." Lando sprints away again, making us laugh. He shouts after us: "Nice meeting you Jules!"

"Land..." Jules mumbles, hugging me tightly.

"Maman's child." Charles sighs and stands behind me against my back, leaving soft kisses on my neck as the paparazzi take millions of pictures of us three.

"Oh, he sure is." Pierre whispers, loud enough to hear though.

"I want to show him my car." Charles takes Jules over from me and gives me a kiss on my lips.We start to walk to his pit box after waving goodbye to Pierre.

"Lightning McQueen!" Jules moves up and down in Charles' arms when he sees the Ferrari Formula 1 racing car, getting all excited and pointing to the car.

"No that's dad's car, baby."

"Papa's lighting McQueen?" He gasps looking with big eyes to Charles, making us laugh.

"I guess that papa is."

(A/n: Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you have any requests you can send me a message, I'd love to hear from you! Please vote and share, I would like that. I'm always open to talk.)