CL - I don't care how bad the Ferrari is.

Happy reading!!

"I can't believe the car today. Seb ended 14th and me not much higher..." Charles complains again. The car hasn't been great and I can sense he's so fed up about it, it hurts me even and I'm not a feelings person. For example pain, I don't like feeling pain. It's this weird feeling as if someone's got a hold of your heart and squeezes it so hard you feel like it's breaking. I bump into a cart on our way to the Ferrari motorhome and apologize to the cart with none in it.

"The Ferrari is bonkers."

"Tell me something, Günter." He says and smiles brightly like he did something there.

"Oh shut up, Charles." I Bump myself into him making him lose balance and I laugh. He always hates it when I do that.

"It's a year ago that I got pole."

"A year ago Anthoine passed away." I sigh in, I hate missing one of my best friends here on the gird. He was always like Ricciardo, happy and unbothered. He smiled to the world and the world smiled back at him. Until, one day, it didn't.

"I want him to stay remembered."

"Everyone will remember him, I'm sure. None forgot about Jules."

"But it's always when it's something that was a part of them shows up, they suddenly remember them. And I also am guilty of this, I feel horrible." Charles grabs my hand and holds it so tight my fingers have a hard time getting any blood through them. The moment FIA allowed the drivers to have a '1,5-meter buddy' (That is no family) he ran to me, we always shared a pretty touchy friendship. Charlotte was jealous at first and afraid she'd lose Charles, but that dulled away when we assured her it has been like this since we got introduced to each other by Anthoine at 14 years old. I've seen him get together with Giada, I've seen his broken heart by the loss of his father, his best friends, Giada and more. We have laughed and cried together. We've seen each other's sides we'd never show anyone else. The '1,5-meter buddy' was actually for Lewis, believe it or not, he started to get lonely in front...

"It's okay for someone not to be in your mind all the time, you have a life. And just because said person isn't in your mind right now doesn't mean you're neglecting them or forgetting about them."

"Always you with your wise words... If I could just win tomorrow, once again for his glory."

"You're going to get a podium, at least." I cross my arms while we walk the Ferrari motorhome in, to his bedroom. He stops in is tracks and I turn around to face him. He looks at me totally confused and aggressively gestures to the place we just walked from, his garage also his car.

"The car could never." He says and I slap him. His mask almost flies off his face. I swear, I've never seen him this confused and this mixed in his feelings. I've never slapped him again so that for sure caught him off guard, he has no clue what to do...

"But you could. I don't care how bad the Ferrari is. You're going to get a podium for your friend as if it's the last race you could ever race."

"You think I can bring a, practically Williams car, to the podium on Spa?"

"C'mon, you're Charles Leclerc for God's sake! Of course, you can. I've seen you do weirder things when dancing to be specific..."

"So a podium?"

"A podium," I say to assure him. I know he can do it. Of all 20 drivers, just two would make it possible of bringing a car like that to podium, Leclerc and __________

--------------------

"You did it, Charles! P3." Sounds over Charles' board radio, his engineer extremely happy with the performance of Charles today. With a little luck of Bottas and the Renaults, he managed to be there and conquer. 

"Whoooooooohoooo. Thank you, guys. for sure thank you '1,5-buddy' for believing in me like that. Just Whoooooo!"

"Haha, bring the car him. P13 then B2, B2."

"Yes, yes."

That is my Charlie." I whisper to myself, before putting away my headset and rum towards the podium happening.

I'd say, mark my words but I'm not so sure about my predictions anymore since corona they've been off an awful lot lol...

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you have any requests you can send me a message, I'd love to hear from you! Please vote and share, I would like that. I'm always open to talk.