Origami Tsunami

Splinter and Mizuki are sitting in the living area, watching an old film that focuses on a hero fighting off crime bosses. Mizuki sat criss-cross beside Splinter, her back straight and an interested expression on her face.

"Where's our free grub, noodle man?" One of the crime bosses demanded.

Raph mimicked the hero on the screen. "Okay, ha. How 'bout some—hot soup?" He grabbed Donnie and Mikey by the front of their shells and threw them over his shoulders as the hero on the screen did. Donnie and Mikey both fell face-flat on two bowls of noodles as the crime bosses.

A noodle splattered on Splinter who slurped up the noodle and watched the scene in front of him.

"Too spicy for you?" Raph continued to mimic the hero and laughed. "Everyone's a critic. Hm."

Mizuki got up and paused the movie. She turned to face Splinter. "So, this hero? This is Lou Jitsu?" She asked him.

"He is known throughout the world as the famous celebrity for years," he replied to her, nodding. "No one knows what happened to him or where he went off to, but they all still remember him through his movies and other merchandise."

"Seems like a worthy hero," Mizuki remarked, impressed.

"Man, "Teriyaki Shakedown" always gets me so—" Donnie looked up and inhaled. "Jazzed!"

"Yeah, Lou Jitsu's the business!" Raph grinned.

Splinter threw the remote at him, prompting him to yelp and fall to the ground. "Then why do you insult the master with your poor technique?" Splinter said. He jumped off the chair and grabbed Donnie and Mikey again. He flipped them onto the bowls once more, harder than Raph did before.

Mizuki went wide-eyed at the stunt the rat mutant had pulled.

"Do not worry," Splinter went on. "Someday, you will be great ninjas with a little practice...is something I would say if I were a liar."

"That's nice of you to say, Pop," Mikey said and got up. "But I'm tired of practicing."

"Yeah, we can be heroes like Lou Jitsu!" Raph added.

Splinter laughed and walked away. "Nice try."

Mizuki got up and helped Donnie get up from the floor. "Master Splinter, with all due respect, I believe in them. Even though they were inexperienced fighters, they had managed to fight off Draxum and defeated him. I saw their fighting skills when I was imprisoned. I see no reason why they aren't heroes yet."

"She's right," Mikey piped up. "We got the squillz, we got the tight color-coordinated team look."

"Let's do it! Let's go out and bust some bad guys!" Raph said and fist-bumped Mikey.

"But just one problem," Mizuki asked. "Where are we going to find bad guys for you to fight off?"

"Good point, Mizzy," Donnie pulled out a tablet from his robo-shell. "I also feel like we need a case to get the juices flowing a bit. You know, let's see what the Internet has to say about it, shall we..." He started searching for any crimes committed in New York.

Leo got up from behind the chair and sat on it upside-down.

"Yo, Leo, we're gonna be heroes!" Mikey exclaimed.

"Okay, what's the plan?" Leo asked with a bored look. "Solve the city's rat problem?" He got hit by Splinter in the tail and yelped.

"Hey, now," Splinter scolded. "I am standing right here."

"Pfft, no way! We're crime fighters!" Raph said.

"Have you found anything, Donnie?" Mizuki asked.