The Purple Jacket

Mizuki walked down the hallway and headed to where April's class is. Instead of wearing her armor, she was dressed in a red shirt, blue jeans, boots, and a golden-rose jacket. Her locket is still there around her neck, safely hidden beneath the shirt.

She did not know how the students aren't suspicious of her when she entered the school. But she was relieved that the disguise worked for her.

She soon found April's class and entered with ease.

A few students looked up from the computers they are on and became astounded by her strange beauty.

"Yeah, I know," Mizuki nodded her head at their expressions.

She looked around the room until she noticed a familiar head of brown puffs.

"You called us down here?" Mizuki whispered, taking a seat next to the brown-haired girl.

"Yeah," April nodded. "I kinda need something with Donnie, who should be here any moment now."

Shurikens were thrown near April, reading "I'm here!"

She looked up and gasped surprised.

Donnie, who is wearing a purple hoodie, was hanging over them on the lights. He yelled as he fell near the girls.

Mizuki winced at the impact.

"Hi, Donnie. Thanks for coming over, guys," April said.

"No probbles," Donnie stood up and sat on another chair. "I love this place."

He inhaled and stood up in a flash. "Smells like learning and puberty!"

Mizuki quickly pulled him back down, shushing him. "You've got to keep it down, okay?"

"Oh, right. Yeah, gotcha," he winked at her before turning his attention back to April. "So, what do you need help with?"

"My computer science project," April typed on her laptop. "Just need you to check the code to make sure I haven't missed anything."

Donnie scooted up next to April and typed on the computer. "Ah! You don't know how lucky you are to be in school, April, surrounded by true intellectuals, scholars after my own heart, resplendent in gorges purple satin jackets—"

He stopped suddenly when he saw a few people wearing what he was describing last beforehand. "What?! Purple satin jackets?"

His eyes sparkled at the smooth clothing. "The shimmering sheen, the exquisite violet hue, the silkiness of the fabric! It has everything I love, and even things I didn't know I loved yet—"

"Donnie, if you drool in here, something's gonna short-circuit," April remarked, pushing herself back on the chair with her foot.

Donnie was drooling as he stared contently at the people wearing the jackets. Mizuki giggled and closed his mouth.

He snapped out of the trance the moment she touched him and quickly sat back up on his chair. "They must be the kings and queens of high school."

"The Purple Dragons tech club?" April glanced at them with envy. "Yeah, if by kings and queens, you mean stuck up jerks who think they're smarter than everyone else."

"Oh, that's what I'm hoping you'd say!" Donnie spun around on the chair, his arms up.

Mizuki took a moment to study their environment in the far back of the computer lab.

Two students on one side are hanging by their underwear on the towering drives.

The walls are decorated with spray-painted words 'Dragons', with three computers set up in the center.