Bonus Chapter (Day and Night Out)

His fingers shook over his phone screen as he tried to remember what he had planned on telling her. Donnie sweated greatly, his eyes darting around the numbers of her phone number.

Would she say yes? Or no? What would she reply?

"You good there, bro?" Leo asked outside the lab.

Raph and Mikey looked at their purple-loving brother sitting at his desk chair with his phone shaking in his palms.

"What am I gonna say? What do I tell her?" Donnie only mumbled in answer. "What is she gonna say? Would this be a bad idea?"

"What's gotten into him?" Mikey pondered aloud.

"He's been coming up with different plans to hang out with Mizuki for a full day," Leo explained. "Poor smooth boy's already nervous in less than one millisecond."

"And how long has he been like this?" Raph asked next.

"Probably close to 15 minutes," the red-eared slider turtle replied.

"Let Dr. Delicate Touch do his job," Mikey stepped in front of his two brothers.

He stepped next to Donnie with his hands behind his back and a calm smile.

"Snap the heck out of it, boy!" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

Donnie yelped and fell backward on his chair and caught his phone by chance before it could even hit the floor.

He sighed relieved before glaring up at his younger brother. "Come on, Mikey. I've been trying to come up with something for...how long ago did you guys found me?"

"Dude, you were sitting there for under 20 minutes," Leo glanced down at him.

"And did Mizuki text any of you guys?"

"She just texted a few minutes, asking about you," Raph replied. "She's on her way here."

Donnie shot up from the floor in a panicked state. "What?! Oh, crap, she's gonna be disappointed! This is gonna be our first date together, and I haven't planned anything yet!"

"Why don't you guys go outside? Like, literally head out of the lair?" Mikey hinted.

Donnie thought about what Mikey had suggested until he remembered something. Mizuki had mentioned something about a Festival at Bronx Park happening down there, where everyone has dressed up as different animals a few days ago...

That's when he had an idea.

"That's it! I know exactly how to plan this date!" Donnie speedily jumped up and rushed off somewhere.

Raph and Leo stared at where he ran off to, while Mikey smirked proudly with his hands on his hips.

*****

Mizuki arrived at the lair some time later, but no one greeted as she expected.

She is wearing a light pink jacket that is covering her no-sleeve top, a mini-skirt, leggings and beige boots. Her long hair, instead of being braided, is put up in a middle-hanging ponytail.

"Hello? Raph? Mikey?" She called through the lair.

No one responded.

Her phone rang in her pocket. When she took it out, her parents' names are shown to her.

"Hey, Mama, Papa," she greeted them in Japanese.

"Hey, sweetheart!" Momoka and Garrett both greeted back.

"Did you make it to the boys' lair?" Momoka asked her.

"I did," Mizuki replied in the same language. "I'm looking for the others right at this moment."