Bonus Chapter (Tangled Love)

"'Tangled'?" Mizuki examined the movie cover, her hand on her hip.

Donnie studied the cover over her shoulder with a raised eyebrow.

They were having a movie night with the other turtles and April, and this movie was the first thing Leo had picked out.

"You kidding? Look at you two, you are so like the two protagonists in the movie," Leo reasoned with them. "Mizzy's the long-haired, feisty damsel, Donnie's the hunky, charismatic thief/soft-hearted, brave hero. You guys are the perfect parallels."

Mizuki and Donnie both gave him unamused stares.

"Really? You think we're like the two main characters in this film?" She asked him.

"Think about it," Leo went on ecstatically. "Mizzy with 70-feet long hair that heals the ill and injured, trapped in a tall tower and held hostage by a woman—think Big Mama—who uses her to keep herself young. Donnie—a dashing, smart bandit with a heart of gold—comes across the tower, Mizuki strikes a deal with him to take her to see the lanterns that appear on her birthday. They embark on a crazy adventure, find out they love each other during the lantern celebration, she finds out she's the lost princess, they save each other from their fates, and then—"

"Alright, alright! We get it!" Donnie interjected annoyed. "You don't have to tell us the whole thing!"

"Is that why you chose this movie, Leonardo?" Mizuki implied. "Because you're comparing us to the two protagonists?"

"Let's just start watching it," Raph interrupted. "Pretty sure we'll save the conversation for later."

Mizuki and Donnie glanced at one another with perplexed expressions.

Halfway to the end of the movie, the other teens were all awake, apart from Mizuki, who rested her head against Donnie's shoulder.

He tried to focus on the movie playing, but his eyes were becoming too stubborn to stay open. The voices belonging to the characters on the screen began to fade away as everything in his vision became a blur.

Not even a minute later, and darkness finally engulfed his view.

*****

He blinked a few times before he looked up from his unintentional slumber. His head was throbbing hard from whoever had hit him.

Since when did someone hit him on the back of the head?

Donnie tried to move his arms and legs, but they somehow became restricted to the chair he was sitting in. He glanced back down, only to find some form of rope trapping his wrists and legs...

Wait...that's not rope. And since when they become blue?

He could tell because the long 'rope' lead from the chair he was trapped to the various places of the area.

"Is this...hair?" He mumbled.

He peered back down again and saw that he was no longer wearing his tech shell, but wearing a purple vest, white shirt, brown vest, and boots. His skin was not green as well, and when he glanced at a mirror beside him, a pair of brown eyes and a human face of himself stared back at him. A head of messy, brown hair was on his head instead of his signature bandana.

When he took a better view up, he instantly realized that he was not in Mizuki's apartment, but in the tower from the movie they were watching.

"Hold the phone..."

"Struggling won't get you anywhere," a female voice appeared from above.

Donnie paused and noticed a figure on top of the roof railings. He raised an eyebrow as the figure jumped off the railing and landed on the ground on both feet. They seemed to be holding a frying pan in their hands.