Hot Soup: The Game

The brothers watched an ad on Donnie's tablet with interest and excitement but did not notice their friend entering the lair behind them.

Donnie was staring at the screen until he felt a heavy weight rest on his shell. He blushed instantly but didn't break his stature.

The turtles continued to watch the commercial as Lou Jitsu in a construction worker outfit held out a game disc.

They all gasped in wonder.

"Lou Jitsu was in a video game?" Donnie inhaled.

"We gotta get it. We gotta get it!" Mikey exclaimed. "Accessing world-wide inter-tubes."

"Lou Jitsu has a video game?" Mizuki tilted her head at the tablet screen.

"I know, right?" Donnie glanced up at her.

"Here it is! Lou Jitsu's 'Hot Soup: the Game' Montes Auction House. Buy it now!" Mikey found the video game and pressed the 'Buy' button, which changed to 'Sold'.

"Oh, baby! We are the proud owners of one very old mint-condition copy of 'Hot Soup: The Game'!" Mikey cheered.

"Wait a minute, you bought it at an auction house?" Raph asked him skeptically before gesturing to his face. "How are we gonna pick it up with, uh, this whole situation?"

"Oh, right," Mikey realized and sagged.

Mizuki pondered for a moment before she had an idea.

"You guys don't have to get it, because I'll do it for you," she stated.

"What?!" Donnie was the one to be surprised this time. "By yourself?! Are you out of your warrior-style mind?"

"I'm not a little child anymore, Donnie," Mizuki retorted softly. "I've been trained to be stealthy, fast and strong. And I've been on solo missions all the time. This should be easy for me."

Donnie thought about it for a moment, then nodded. "Well, of course, you can go..."

Mizuki smiled softly at him.

"...in maybe seven to ten years. Right now, it's too dangerous for you."

Her smile changed to an unconvinced frown.

"I say we let her go, Don," Leo added. "Raph went out on his own when he was Mikey's age."

"Yeah, but when I was his age, I was two years older," Raph told him.

"What is up with your math?" Leo asked unimpressed.

"Raph, would you please talk some sense into these guys?" Donnie asked the snapping turtle.

Raph pondered about Mizuki's suggestion on her solo mission before he smiled at her. "She's going to get the game, Donnie."

"Really?! You're gonna do that?!" Mikey squealed and hugged Mizuki tight.

She giggled and patted his head. "Of course I will, Mikey."

"Why not? She's done stuff like this before, Donnie," Raph shrugged and glanced at the pouting soft-shell turtle.

"You got this, Miz," Leo wrapped an arm over her shoulders.

"Thank you for believing me," Mizuki acknowledged them.

"And as for you, Donnie, once I'm done with this mission, you'll be worrying about me less often," she called to Donnie as she backed away towards the entrance. "I'll be back before you know it!"

"No, Mizzy, wait—" Donnie tried to protest, but she was already gone.

*****

She soon arrived at the Montes Auction House and landed safely on the roof. Pulling out the ticket Mikey had given her, she opened the window roof with ease.