Down with the Sickness

Raph grunted and repeatedly step on the squares while perfectly hitting the arrows on the game screen. The other three and Mizuki watched him with anticipation. The numbers kept on going higher with every perfect hit Raph made.

"I don't think he got this," Leo smirked.

"Hey! Leave him alone," Mikey said.

"What? I'm just saying he doesn't have this."

"You're just trying to get in my head," Raph answered, sweat pouring down.

"Oh, my peaches and cream, he just doubled," Donnie remarked.

"Rag! Now!" Raph yelled.

Mikey dabbed a rag on his forehead. "Have I ever told you how big and beautiful you are?"

"No, but thank you," the larger turtle grinned.

"Uh, he is about to set a new high score," Donnie's eyes went big. "I can't watch, but I can't not watch!"

"You know what they say about big-time moments?" Leo pushed Donnie down to get closer to the game screen.

"Yes, I do," Raph replied. "They say in big-time moments, leaders make—"

"Brain!" Splinter yelled from behind them.

The screen suddenly changed to the words 'Game Over', while a voice said it. The turtles and Mizuki didn't pay mind to it when they saw Splinter clutching his head.

"Ow, my brain!" He cried in agony.

The turtles yelled horrified. Mizuki gasped, covering her mouth. "No! Why?!" Donnie shouted.

Splinter gave out a weak sneeze and wiped his nose.

"Gesundheit," Leo said.

"Ohmigosh, ohmigosh, ohmigosh!" Mikey panicked. "Splinter's a zombie!"

"Mikey, zombies are interested in other people's brains," Donnie told him.

"Rat Flu. This is not a drill," Raph said in seriousness. "I repeat, this is not a drill, people."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boys and Mizuki circled around him in worry. Donnie used his goggles to check over him, while Leo fanned a rag over Splinter's head.

"I feel terrible. Do I feel terrible? Be honest," Splinter asked them weakly.

Mizuki took one look at the rat mutant's face. Snot dripped from his nose, sweat pouring down from his face.

The teens all groaned in disgust but tried to keep calm smiles. "You look great, not horribly sick at all," Raph answered and close the curtains to his room.

"He's horribly sick," he honestly revealed to his brothers and Mizuki.

"I'm afraid I do not understand," Mizuki said politely. "What is the rat flu?"

"A flu this intense is going to affect all areas of his brain—I'm talking seven full stages—before Dad's body naturally heals itself," Donnie explained to her.

"Alright, so what are the seven stages?"

"First stage is "Fever", second is "Wild Rat Man", third "Captain Cuddle Cakes"..." He stopped to glare at Mizuki, who giggled at the name, then went on.

"The fourth is "Ninja Supreme", the hardest stage, fifth is "Karaoke Love Songs", sixth is "Fan-fiction" and the last stage..." Donnie paused and looked down to the floor. "It's impossible to pass."