Sparring Partner

Leo soared up in the air on his skateboard, with Mikey, Donnie, and Mizuki watching him.

"So anything from the Mystic Protectors yet?" Donnie asked his girlfriend.

"They're looking for the armor pieces all over New York," she reported to him. "They'll let us know when they need us."

"And how are your parents doing? I bet they're adjusting to life back on the surface," Mikey added.

"They're doing amazingly well," Mizuki beamed.

And she knew it's true.

A few days after Garrett and Momoka had come back from the Hidden City, the Mystic Protectors had been astounded, yet exhilarated that they are still alive after their last battle with Draxum ten years ago. With reassurances from Mizuki and Jupiter, they were able to find their calmness and live back with the Mystic Protectors.

A loud boom echoed from the garage, and the four teens screamed with fright from the loud noise.

"Wha...?" Donnie raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Boom shakalaka," Mikey remarked. "Did that come from the Tank garage?"

"No, no, no, no. No, there's definitely nothing wrong with my tank because it for sure doesn't backfire for no reason whatsoever sometimes."

Another boom resonated from the garage.

"Oh, you think so?" Mizuki asked him.

They headed down to the garage where the booms are coming from. Leo knocked on the garage door, only for Raph to cheer wildly.

"Whoo-hoo! That's the stuff!"

"Raph, is that you in there?" Mizuki called.

"No—I mean, yes," Raph answered. "Why would I speak and then it not be me?"

He laughed nervously. "One sec."

Mizuki and Donnie looked at one another and shrugged.

Loud clattering came from behind the garage door before it was lifted open by the snapping turtle from underneath the floor.

"Hey, it's my brothers and friend," Raph sweated. "What brings you all to the lair?"

"Hah!" The three others pushed up the door and scanned the garage area.

"What was all that noise?" Leo asked suspiciously.

"What noise?" Raph asked on the floor.

"Was that just you setting up our next sparring session?" Leo studied the dummies scattered around the garage.

"Sure, yeah," Raph got up from the floor and chuckled. "It was that and nothing else."

"Sweet. I could go for a game of capture the bandana," Mikey wrapped an arm around Leo.

"Usual rules, first to grab a bandana other than his own color is the winner," Donnie beamed.

They ran to their starting positions, while Mizuki leaned against the wall to watch the game.

"Uh, I'm not really in the mood to play a game," Raph rubbed the back of his head.

"Then why all the dummies around the garage?" Mizuki asked him, raising an eyebrow.

He blinked before laughing anxiously. "Oh, that's right. I—I am in the mood."

"Dude, what is with you?" Donnie asked, his hands on his hips.

"Donnie versus Raph! Go!" Mikey blew an airhorn into his ear.

"Taste my bandana fury!" Donnie whipped out his bo staff and charged at Raph.