Goyles, Goyles, Goyles (Donnie and Mizuki version)

"Huh, what a way to end that fight with Hypno and...that worm guy," Donnie remarked and winced when Mizuki tightened the bandage on his arm.

"If you hadn't put yourself in unpredictable danger, then this wouldn't hurt so much," she stated while smirking playfully at him.

"Heh, yeah. What am I thinking?" He chuckled.

She smiled at him before turning her focus back on fixing up his arm.

Earlier, the turtles and Mizuki had been caught up in a battle with Hypnopotamus and Warren Stone, who were caught robbing some food bank down in Times Square. When Hypno had sent a flaming grill out towards Mizuki while she was distracted getting a family to safety, Donnie had leaped in the way in time and shielded her from the hit. His arm was only hit, apart from his Battle Shell protecting them.

Right now, he is getting patched up by Mizuki, who only had a bandage across her cheek. His Battle Shell rested against his bed, his own shell now bare and seen to the others.

"So, uh, remember when we first met?" Donnie asked, breaking the silence.

"You mean when I was trying to get the vial from Mayhem that night?" Mizuki implied and tied the end of the bandage in a bow.

"I mean, like that first battle with Draxum, after we saved you and Mayhem," Donnie corrected.

She nodded, now understanding the question. "Yeah, I believe I do."

"We were on our way back to the lair, and you were getting close to unconsciousness..." Donnie began.

*****

As the morning sun rose over the horizon, the turtles and Mizuki both made their way back to the lair. April had already made it home with Mayhem, ready to explain the occurrence to her mother.

Donnie noticed Mizuki, who is using his tech bo as a crutch for her injured leg, stumbling around a bit and furrowed his eyebrows with worry.

"You okay? You seemed dizzy," he asked her.

"I'm fine," she answered, hiding the exhaustion in her voice. "I just...had a rough day from fighting, that's all."

Donnie studied her face for a moment before he nodded and continued walking alongside his brothers.

Mizuki was unprepared when he quickly yet tenderly picked her bridal style a second later and yelped in surprise. He took the tech bo back before it could hit the floor and carried the two in his arms.

Her cheeks turned pure red and glanced down at the ground to avoid Donnie's gaze.

"You sure Dad won't freak out about her being here?" Leo asked.

"We can explain everything to him if he doesn't get mad at us," Raph replied.

"Your father?" Mizuki implied. "He's a turtle like you all?"

"Eh, more like a rat than a turtle," Donnie replied to her. "Long story, we'll explain later."

She nodded with understanding at his statement. However, she felt her eyelids becoming heavy, her energy leaving her by the second.

The web that was shot on her leg must have sent its shock around her, letting her power being drained before Draxum's lab was destroyed.

Donnie had seen her about to succumb to sleep, for he adjusted her closer to him and called out for his brothers to get back to the lair as fast as possible.

"We're almost there, Mizuki. Just hang tight," he told her.

Even though she wanted to, it was getting harder to stay awake after a long day of battle and being held captive.