The Ancient Art of Ninja Hide and Seek

Raph chuckled and flipped the pizza box around before setting it down on the table. "Yes!"

The box opened up to reveal a pizza pie piping hot and ready.

The three other turtles drooled at the sight of the pie. "Whoa..."

Mizuki stood by the boys with her arms folded.

"Okay, rock-paper-scissors for the first slice," Raph challenged playfully. "Me and Mikey are up."

"It's funny how Raph always starts against Mr. 'Only Chooses Scissors'," Leo whispered to Donnie, rolling his eyes.

"One, two, three..." Raph and Mikey slammed their fists down.

When they stopped on the fourth slam, Mikey's hand was shaped to be scissors, while Raph's was a rock.

"Oh, not again!" Mikey whined in defeat. "How do you do it?"

Raph only laughed haughtily as he held a pizza slice.

Someone clapped their hands, and the lights were all turned off.

"Huh?"

The lights were all turned back on, and Raph went to eat his pizza slice.

His mouth was only met with space, the slice now gone.

"Pizza slice gone!" He yelled, the others staring at his hand shocked. "Which of you creepoids took it?"

Someone clapped their hands again, the lights turning off at the command. The teens yelped panicked until the lights turned on once more.

The pizza box was now empty of slices. The turtles and Mizuki screamed in fright.

"The table's eating our pizza!" Mikey cried.

They heard chewing from the other side of the kitchen and saw a chair move in the shadows.

"It's the chair!" Mikey pointed at it.

The turtles and Mizuki both grunted and pulled out their weapons in a flash. Splinter spun around while eating the pizza slice.

"Wait! Pops?!" Mikey exclaimed.

"Mm, yes," Splinter ate the rest of the slice completely. "And so begins your next lesson."

"Let me guess," Leo said sarcastically. "How to starve your enemies to death?"

He ended up having a pizza slice thrown at his face.

"No," Splinter answered sternly. "Today, you learn the art of ninja stealth and invisibility, the foundation of every great ninja."

"Lights-off-jutsu," he clapped his hands, commanding the lights to go off.

Leo only had a second before they went back on, and the pizza slice was gone from his hands. "What? Ugh. You couldn't have done this last week when Mikey cooked Brussel sprouts?"

*****

On a building roof, the turtles and Mizuki watched Splinter, whose back only faced them as he stood on a billboard.

"You must remain sleek and nimble," he instructed the teens. "So no weapons today. After my lessons, you will be ready for a mission inside Big Mama's Yokai Hotel."

"How do you know about Big Mama?" Mizuki questioned.

"I have heard stories," Splinter replied to her.

He spun around swiftly with his hands behind his back. "Ninja invisibility lesson number one. Keep to the shadows..."

He slid behind the shadows of the billboard and disappeared.