Flushed but Never Forgotten

Mikey's scream from his room prompted Mizuki, clad in her PJs, to rush over to the youngest turtle's room after quietly making sure her boyfriend is still sleeping.

However, when she got there, she only saw Mikey, who is wearing an orange PJ shirt and pants, stammering as he saw an empty wall next to his hammock. Leo stretched his arms up and scratched his butt.

"Why am I not getting my beauty Z's right now?" He asked, dressed in blue-striped PJs.

"It was right here," Mikey insisted. "I—I swear. It said, 'You flush me, I flush you'."

"Mikey, calm down," Mizuki stepped to Mikey. "What are you trying to say?"

"She's back, and—and—and she's mad at us!" Mikey turned around as he cried.

"She?" Leo asked, his eyes narrowing at him. "I know you're talking about the thing we talked about never talking about."

"Wait, what?" Mizuki glanced at between the brothers.

"It's Pie—" Mikey began, only to be cut off when Leo covered his mouth.

"Not here," he grabbed Mizuki and Mikey and led them away.

*****

Thunder boomed from above as the night sky forced rain to pour down on the turtles and Mizuki. They stood on an apartment building while Mikey recounted the event that had happened back in his room.

"You gotta believe me!" Mikey pleaded with his brothers. "Piebald's back! She's after us because we flushed her!"

"Relax. I'm not a scientist, but this is 100% just your guilt glands secreting guilt-zymes into your central guilt-us system," Raph, who has a brace-head around his head and is dressed in a red onesie, said to him.

"Raph is right. He is not a scientist," Donnie, clad in a purple shirt and PJ pants, agreed. "But separately, he's also right that this Piebald jazz is in your head."

"No, it's not. We have to tell Dad the truth," Mikey begged.

"I'm afraid I agree with Mikey on this," Mizuki added. "In my opinion, telling the truth is better than keeping it all in for too long."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. We're not telling Dad anything," Leo refused, pushing them aside. "Look, we all miss her, but a year ago, we stood on this roof and decided—"

"You decided!" Mikey interjected.

"We decided to replace Piebald with an identical goldfish so Dad's heart wouldn't be broken," Leo finished. "He wins, we win, and Piebald wins."

"Piebald got flushed!" Mikey yelled.

"Uh, if I may—" Donnie and Raph both shoved him down. "Leo's idea about the whole thing not getting into trouble thing—very convincing."

"I second that," Raph agreed.

"Looks like everyone agrees with me that we renew our pact of secrecy and never tell Dad the truth. One, two, three, let's go," Leo held his hand out.

"Yada, yada, yada, eternal silence," Raph rambled as he placed his hand out with Donnie, who forced Mizuki's hand with the others, as well as Mikey's.

"Back to the lair, boys and girl!"

Mizuki stopped when she felt someone watching her. When she turned around, though, no one seems to be there.

She hummed confused and followed behind the others.

*****

"I mean, I know we shouldn't do it, but we have to," Mizuki mumbled to herself. "Telling the truth and enduring the consequences is better than having to live a lie..."