Many Unhappy Returns

The mysterious thunderstorm loomed over the baseball stadium. Lightning crackled across the sky, and the wind howled and blew harshly.

The teens and adults stared at the now alive Shredder as the Foot Lieutenant and Brute bowed down to him.

"Stand strong! The Shredder will show no mercy!" Splinter told the others.

"Guys, Draxum's weak and his body's drained out," Momoka said. "I think the Shredder took his life source."

"Senseis!" The Foot recruit ran through a portal. "My fury is unbridled and ready for—"

She gasped when she saw the Shredder living. "You resurrected Shredder without me?"

While she was distracted, Draxum weakly lifted a vine and used it to get himself through the portal, which disappeared.

The Shredder fell to all fours and roared.

"I wanna say I feel prepared, but my chattering teeth won't let me," Donnie said, his hands shaking.

"Don't let fear get to you, Donnie," Mizuki encouraged him, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Shred, shred, shred!" The three Foot people chanted, catching Shredder's attention.

The Shredder only roared and started chasing after them.

"Don't shred, don't shred!" The three all screeched as they ran around.

The Shredder grabbed them harshly and landed them on the ground multiple times.

"Such blind rage," Splinter said. "And going after his own. That makes no sense."

"Thanks for doing the dirty work for us!" Leo called to the Shredder. "Big ups, Shreddy!"

"Not now, Leo!" Mizuki scolded him.

"What? I thought a nickname might give us a nice rapport," Leo replied to her.

"Cowabunga!" Raph, Donnie, and Mikey both yelled as they charged at Shredder.

The monster, however, knocked them back in a second and glanced at Leo and the others' direction.

"Back off! You don't scare us...much," April growled, stepping in front of them with Leo and Splinter.

The Shredder growled and ran at them on all fours at high speed. The creature roared as it prepared itself to make its kill.

"No!" Mizuki instantly stepped in front of them.

In a matter of seconds, both Mizuki and Shredder disappeared in flashes of green and purple.

Leo opened his eyes to find Mizuki and Shredder gone. "Huh?"

"Mizuki!" Donnie cried as he tried to find her anywhere in the baseball field.

The three Foot people regained their balance and rubbed their heads.

"So...that was unexpected," the Lieutenant remarked.

"You fools! Do you have any idea what you've done?!" Jupiter yelled at them.

"You've doomed all of humanity!" Splinter shouted.

"Have we?" The Brute asked.

The Lieutenant and Recruit looked at him.

"No, seriously, tell me. This has all been very confusing."

"We must find out what went wrong," the Lieutenant said and formed a portal. "Back to the Foot Shack!"

The three disappeared through the portal, which vanished.