Late Fee

Here it is. The first chapter since 'The Evil League of Mutants', and it took me a while to write this down.

More chapters will come soon.

*****

9:00:00 p.m., 3 hours till midnight...

The Turtle Tank drove down to an empty mall center.

"I'm calling it now, boys and girl," Leo declared. "This will be our easiest mission ever."

"Yes!" Raph sat in his driver's seat and raised his arms up.

"Dad said all we have to do is return this one Lou Jitsu DVD he rented for us—" he pulled out a DVD case from his pocket. "Back to the video store before midnight, and he will give us all hugs."

"Did he say he was going to throw in something?" Mizuki asked him.

"No, I think we interrupted him at that point," Raph replied.

She shook her head smiling.

Raph pulled the lever, stopping the Tank. The teens are wearing their outfits from the wrestling match long ago. Mizuki was dressed up in the same ballerina attire as well.

"I forget," Mikey asked. "What happens if we don't return the DVD before midnight?"

"Then Splinter gets charged extra," Donnie answered. "It's called a...'late fee'."

"And not only that, you won't get hugs from him?" Mizuki piped in.

"That's right," he nodded.

"Or was it zombie apocalypse?" Raph made a zombie motion. "I don't remember, but we can't afford either. Now, let's return this DVD so we can go home and get hugs."

"All right! Hugs!"

"Ho-ho, yeah!"

The teens jumped down from the Tank and started for the empty mall.

An uneasy feeling grew in Mizuki and she rubbed her arms to ease the nervousness. Donnie sensed her uncomfortableness and wrapped an arm around, holding her close.

She beamed up at him in gratitude, and he smiled down at her before kissing her head.

He had already calculated that they've been together for at least a while now, possibly around a month or so. But she believed that it was longer until she decided to let him theorize.

Although he did not give any physical affection, apart from hugs and kisses, Donnie turned to an absolute, thoughtful sweetheart to Mizuki and vice versa. They decided to respect each other's spaces and kept an eye on one other if something happened.

Even though she was already gone from the Mystic Protector base around the time she was with Donnie, she still made it her mission to check up on the leader and her friends back on base as much often as she can.

Donnie respected that, as he loved her for who she is, as well as she for him.

The teens walked towards the mall, unknowing of a sign reading 'Keep Out'.

"Great call on the disguises, guys," Leo commented. "They really help us blend in with all the people—"

They stopped when they notice that no one was around the empty mall.

"Wait, where is everyone?"

An explosion sent them flying and screaming. Construction buildings instant worked on the destroyed place.

*****

The turtles and Mizuki, now covered in dirt and rubble from the explosion rode on the back of a ferry boat, with the Turtle Tank parked behind them.