Operation: Normal

A/n: Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas, everyone!

*****

At the Run of the Mill pizzeria, the girls and Leo and Donnie conversed about something that had happened recently until Yami came along with their orders.

"Alright, guys, here's the Super Creepy Supreme..." She set down a pizza with blue slug-like creatures.

"And here's a small," she placed a dish in front of Mizuki and April.

"Thanks, Yami," Mizuki acknowledged her.

"Any time, squirt," Yami saluted her before heading off.

"Is that pizza looking at me?" April said uncertainly at Donnie and Leo's pizza.

"Eat us, we are delicious," the slugs said in monotone.

"I'll share mine with you," Mizuki handed her the normal pizza while taking a slice.

"Thanks," April took the slice while smiling gratefully at her.

"What? You won't eat the Super Creepy Supreme?" Donnie asked her.

"I wish just once we could go to a normal pizza spot," she explained.

"Well, we could, but the moment the boys head out in public light, there's a good chance the authorities will catch them," Mizuki reasoned.

"Yeah. And you know we can't go into human places with, uh, this whole situation," Leo gestured to himself. "Embrace it, April, you're just a magnet for weirdness."

"I know, it's just sometimes a girl just needs normal—ugh!" April wrinkled her nose as she watched the two turtles eat their pizza.

"What do you mean? What's not normal about this?" Donnie implied, his mouth full of pizza.

"Yeah, I was a bit grossed out at first," Mizuki whispered to her.

The boys and Mizuki saw something happening on the opposite side of them and lifted up their menus hastily.

"Here, you'll need this," the blue-haired girl handed her another menu.

"Why?" April asked her.

"Okay, birthday boy, get ready to...Party!" A green yokai with a bow tie danced around on a diner table.

He then exploded and splattered over the birthday guests and the turtles and girls, who still had their menus up for protection.

The guests cheered happily, as the boys and Mizuki laughed and set down their menus.

"Aw, Exploding Frankie never gets old," Donnie chuckled.

"You okay there, April?" Mizuki asked the brown-skinned girl.

"Yeah, I'm good," the latter nodded.

She sighed and got up from her seat. "I'm going to class. Thanks for sharing your pizza with me, Miz."

"Of course," Mizuki nodded.

As they watched April walk off, the turtles glanced at one another and shrugged.

*****

"Donnie, Leo, don't you think that maybe we should let April have a normal day?" Mizuki asked them.

"How do you mean, sweetheart?" Donnie implied.

They hid out in the alleyways of the city later that night. But Mizuki still couldn't get April's wishes about having a normal day out of her head.

"You know, no battling mutants, no venturing down into the Mystic Hidden City, no hunting down oozesquitoes," she explained. "I mean, that's what April wants, right?"