War and Pizza

Raph used his fonta to block off the shots from the floating microwave-bot, screaming, while Leo and Mikey ran away, yelling in fear. Mizuki ran up the wall and flipped in the air before landing on the flying robot and unfolded her fans. She sliced off an arm and steered it away from the brothers. "Donnie, a little help here!" She called to the purple bandana turtle.

"Hold on, I'm getting a call! It's from April!" He said to her and opened his phone. "You are conversing with Donatello," he greeted.

"Donnie, I need your help!" April yelled, children screaming in the background.

"For you, anything. As long as it does not involve bees, or spiders or beach balls. Please not beach balls," Donnie whispered to himself.

"Can you fix Albearto? He broke before singing "Happy Birthday"."

Mizuki stopped after she had pulled out the wires from the microwave-bot. She barely had time to understand, even as the microwave-bot sparked, indicating an explosion. Mikey pulled her away using his kuarai-fundo to safety as the robot suddenly exploded.

"April hasn't gotten through the "Happy Birthday" song yet, guys," Donnie said.

"April still hasn't gotten through the "Happy Birthday" song?" Raph asked.

"Am I on speaker?" April realized.

"Or cake, actually." Donnie finished.

"Or cake?" Leo scoffed.

Mizuki didn't pay attention to the current situation at the moment. She began to think about how long it had been since she had a proper birthday.

"Albearto's is the pizza place, right?" Raph smirked. "We'll be right over."

"Hey, if you guys are in the middle of something—" April started.

Donnie ended the call, and the turtles and Mizuki immediately headed over to Albearto's. They slammed through the doors of the pizza place, creating heroic poses.

"Fixers in the house, swooping in to save the day!" Raph exclaimed.

"That was fast. Actually, I just needed Donnie," April said.

"We know," Raph nodded. "We just came for the free pizza. Remember, blend in like you're a birthday robot."

"Aye, aye, captain," Mikey said in a robotic voice. The three turtles headed for the kitchen while acting like robots.

Mizuki found Donnie already working on the machine, his robo-shell arms at work. "You sure you don't need any help?" She asked him.

"Don't worry about me. Just go hang out with the guys, I'll be over there soon," Donnie gave her a thumbs up.

Mizuki sighed and nodded her head. She strolled over to the kitchen where Mikey, Leo, and Raph went off to. April and Donnie saw her disheartened look in her eyes as she passed them.

"What do you think's gotten into her?" April glanced at Donnie.

"No clue," he shrugged.

Mizuki joined the three brothers in the kitchen, already preparing pizza. She leaned against the counter and smiled at their greetings. Her face turned to the floor and her smile disappeared.

Birthday...family and friends surrounding her...presents...laughter and smiles... The thoughts about them repeatedly spun around in her mind as the word 'birthday' echoed over again in various voices.

Leo saw the look, even though she was looking down at the floor, and handed her a slice of pizza already prepared, grinning sympathetically at her. She smiled and took it. "Thanks."