Insane in the Mama Train

Me: (staring at the three episodes where the Dark Armor is complete and the turtles are being wrecked by the Shredder)

Me: I'm not ready for it, I'm not ready for it, I'm not ready for it...

Me: ...

Me: Screw this.

*****

The song, in the beginning, belongs to Disney's Frozen 2.

.

12 years ago, at the Mystic Base...

"We really appreciate watching over our daughter while we're off to face Draxum," Garrett says to Jupiter. "Though we don't know how long we'll be gone."

"It's my honor, Garrett," Jupiter nods, smiling at him. "I've been looking forward to watching over my goddaughter for you guys."

"Now are you positive she'll be safe here with you without Draxum knowing about her existence?" Garrett asks her.

"We are certain. As long as she stays with us, he'll never know about her."

Garrett stares at her before he nods again reassured.

Concurrently, in another room, Momoka prepares herself with her young three-year-old daughter sitting on the bed.

The child is playing with a stuffed wolf and kicking her legs up and down.

"Mama?" The child speaks up.

"Yes, Mizuki?" Momoka turns from her weapons and looks at her daughter.

"When awe you coming back?"

"I'm uncertain, sweetheart," Momoka replies truthfully as she sheathes a knife on her pants. "But we will come back if we can."

"I weally don't want you to go, Mama," Mizuki says disheartened.

Momoka sighs and kneels in front of her daughter. She takes her hands and rubs her thumb over the back of her palm.

"I don't want to go, either, my darling," she agrees. "Papa doesn't want to go, either. But we must do what we have to do."

Mizuki glances down at the ground and sniffles a bit.

Momoka smiles softly and gently lifts her chin up with her finger. "But there is something I want you to remember. No matter how lost, how broken, or how sad, my mother has passed on this lullaby from her mother, and her mother before her. She had told me that it will remind you that there is a path that will lead you that not everything is hopeless, that there will always be something that we are a part of."

"Weally?" Mizuki asks hopefully.

"Really, really, my little Lightning," Momoka ruffles her daughter's head.

"Momoka," Garrett stops outside the doorway. "We'll leave in a few hours, or whenever you're ready."

"Alright, honey," Momoka nods.

Garrett walks up to his daughter and kisses her on the head.

"We'll be back before you know it, squirt," he tells her.

Mizuki hugs her father, and he embraces her back. He pulls away and messes with her hair, to which she giggles, before he kisses Momoka in the lips and heads out the door.

"Alright, little Lightning, time for bed now," Momoka stands herself up.

"Mama?" Mizuki pipes in.