The Mutant Menace

The words 'Cybersleuth' with a head of Albearto appeared on the screen, then changed to the scenarios where the turtles and Mizuki had encountered Albearto and other enemies and destroyed places by accident.

"Birthdays ruined. Parks destroyed. Museums vandalized."

The screen changed to a figure wearing a discarded Albearto head and holding a flashlight under them.

"Tonight on Cybersleuth, I reveal the culprits. Beware the Mutant Menace and Green Lightning!"

"Mutant Menace and Green Lightning! Ohmigosh!" Mikey panicked as he watched the video. "They're talking about us!"

"I can't believe we're getting blamed for this!" Leo stated. "Virtually everything in there was somebody else's fault! I think."

"So unfair. Although it is a boost for my emotionally unavailable bad boy image," Donnie said. "'Y'ello.'"

"Though I can't help but wonder where I've heard that voice before," Mizuki wondered, tapping her chin in thought. "I just can't put my mind into it."

"Look, guys. I think this might be an opportunity to turn a dark cloud into a silver lining," Raph beamed reassuringly.

He then pulled out a book from behind him. "You fellahs ever read this fine piece of literature?"

Donnie and Mizuki studied the book cover. It shows a wolf cub sweeping the streets while looking happy.

"'Horrible Wolfie the Harmless Wolfpup'?" Donnie read the title questionably.

"You have a kids' book?" Mizuki asked.

"Yes, it's the touching story of a kid wolf who shows up at a town full of humans who all want to run him through with a pitchfork," Raph explained.

"That's supposed to be touching?" Mikey asked.

"But Wolfie didn't run away," Raph went on. "He performed loving deeds for the hateful townfolk, and they welcomed him into their hearts!"

"And how is that relevant to...this whole situation?" Mizuki asked next, gesturing to the turtles.

"That's what we'll do," Raph replied. "We'll get in our giant tank, and smash people in the face with good deeds!"

"Yeah! We are good-doers!" Mikey cheered.

"Oh, this is gonna look great on my college application!" Donnie exclaimed.

"It does seem risky, but it's worth a shot," Mizuki agreed.

"Any votes for staying home during the anti-mutant panic?" Leo implied hopefully, raising his hand.

No one seemed to answer him.

"No? Okay, leggo!"

*****

In the Turtle Tank, the turtles and Mizuki drove down the streets of New York in the evening.

"Now each time we do a good deed, we'll leave behind one of our friendly calling cards," Raph explained the plan.

"This good deed brought to you by the 'Mutant Menace and Green Lighting'," Mikey showed a card with the words 'Mutant Menace' in bold letters and winked. "Winky face. Who wouldn't love this?"

Mizuki chuckled lightly before her smile fell. She rubbed her forehead to ease the pain that had been nagging her for a while now.

For the past days since the last battle with Draxum and the Foot Clan, Mizuki had felt this strange feeling grow in her. She didn't know how, but it has been getting stronger and stronger every day.