Nothing but Truffle

Outside the city, a pair of violet eyes studied Mikey and Todd from a tree branch. They narrowed when they eyed them watching Meat Sweats's cooking vehicle in an open area.

Mizuki was about to take another leap at a different branch when a voice from behind caught her off-guard.

"Mizzy?"

She yelped and fell backward, her arms waving around, but a pair of arms grabbed her in time before she could even hit the ground.

Donnie looked at her with a raised eyebrow, while Mizuki blushed. She quickly jumped out of his arms and placed her hands behind her back cooly.

"Oh, D-Donnie," she said while trying to keep calm. "I-I was not expecting you here. I was...just out for a walk."

"I highly don't believe that, because it seems like you are spying on Mikey and Todd," Donnie countered, raising a flirtatious eyebrow at her.

Mizuki sighed in defeat after trying to come up with a different explanation. "Alright, here's the thing. Mikey and Todd are trying to get something from Meat Sweats, and I've followed them here to investigate."

"Uh-huh," Donnie nodded at her.

"And whatever they're doing, I'm keeping an eye to make sure they don't get hurt," Mizuki finished.

"You know, you could have called me," Donnie added. "And I would have complied."

She quickly placed her hand over her boyfriend's mouth when she noticed Mikey and Todd moving in and pulled him down behind the bushes. They followed their eyeing direction and spotted the pig mutant pulling out a blue chunk of some sort from a small bag.

"What in the world is that?" Mizuki pondered.

Donnie pulled down his goggles and studied the blue chunk. "I believe he is wielding the shadow moon truffle."

Mizuki blinked when she heard him mention the truffle. "That's why Mikey and Todd are spying on Meats Sweats? They're trying to get a mystic ingredient from him?"

"Apparently so," Donnie nodded.

"But what's a shadow moon truffle?"

"It's a super rare mystic truffle that only grows when the Jupiter planet eclipses the full moon," he explained to her.

"And they're going to try and get it why?"

"No clue, but we're gonna find out."

The two watched Mikey and Todd sneak up to Meat Sweats' truck and tried to get the moon truffle. Donnie bit his lower lip nervously.

"Oh, don't be so stupid, Mikey," Mizuki mumbled.

Todd suddenly slipped forward and he and Mikey hit the truck in the process. The moon truffle was flung off the counter and caught by a nearby hawk.

Donnie and Mizuki gasped in horror when Meat Sweats finally spotted the two mutants and chased after them.

"We have to help them!" Mizuki pulled out her fans and went to attack the pig mutant.

"No! Wait! We'll get caught, too!" Donnie pulled her back in the bushes.

Meat Sweats had eventually cornered Mikey and Todd against a brick wall. The mutant chef went to grab Mikey with his tendrils, but Todd jumped in the way and was caught in the tentacles instead.

"Todd! No!" Mizuki yelled and reached out to him.

"There's nothing we can do right now!" Donnie helped her back tenderly behind the bushes.