Bonus Chapter (If Mizuki was infected with the flu)

Little side note before we start: 

Wanted to add a little bonus chapter between the main ones, and there are gonna be a few more on the way.

There will be updates soon, so hang tight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The turtles locked her up in her quarters and placed the protective layer in front of the door. "Let me know why you are doing this?" Mizuki asked them through the barrier in her bedwear. "I mean, I've never been sick like this before. I've taken care of myself..."

"You kidding me? Look at you," Donnie cut her off worriedly and showed her the thermometer. "You have a fever of about 101 degrees, you're burning up. You shouldn't be out there with people when you're sick."

"Will not," Mizuki sassed, folding her arms in front of her chest.

"Will too. The fever is contagious, you need to rest up."

"Donnie, I swear to God, if you do not let me out, I will—" she stopped and wiped the sweat from her forehead. "Oh, jeez. It feels like I'm standing on the sun here."

A coat of blue cloud-like foam was sprayed on her, and she yelped in shock from the cold substance.

"Yep, that said it," Leo remarked.

"We'll be back with some medical supplies, Miz," Raph said to her. "Just hang tight around here."

Donnie turned on the AC in Mizuki's room and lowered it to the lowest temperature possible. "All right, so I've checked over her body," he began to his brothers. "It's not fully infected, but it still needs time to heal fully."

"So it's not like the rat flu? It's normal, right?" Miley asked anxiously.

"No. Thankfully it's not like the rat flu. But it's normal for humans like Mizuki to get sick," Donnie replied. "She'll require constant care and rest until she gets better—"

"I'd say Donnie stays with her," Leo interjected, smirking.

"What?!" The purple bandana turtle shrieked.

"I also vote on Donnie staying with Mizuki until she's better," Mikey raised his hand quickly.

Donnie turned towards a smirking Raph with his arms folded. "Oh, please don't vote for me to stay with her..."

"Donnie...you're staying with her," Raph finally said. Donnie groaned in defeat and face-palmed himself.

"We'll call and check up on you every day until she's better. And while we're at it, we can get medical supplies to help Mizuki heal faster."

"No, guys, you can't do this to me..." Donnie pleaded with them desperately.

"We'll be back before you know it, buddy," Leo quickly exited the apartment building with Raph and Mikey in tow. His little smirk was the last thing Donnie saw before the door slammed shut.

He groaned and smacked himself in the face. Left in the building with a girl whom he cares about, who is now sick with the flu...and who is now asleep on her bed. He sighed, smiling at her sleeping form. "Well, at least she won't cause any trouble while she's asleep."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Throughout the week, the brothers came over to check up on Mizuki and sometimes would fight off crime. Even as her fever was getting better, they'd insisted on her staying at her quarters so she doesn't get worse. Mizuki would have argued with the brothers that she can handle herself, but with the strength that had left her from the start, she knew it was no point to persist in their worries. In fact, she had no idea how it had been since someone who is like a family to her worried about her health when she fell ill.

She wanted to think it was Donnie who worries about her more than the others.

He'd kept checking up on her every three hours, always reminding her to drink plenty of water and if she had eaten anything yet. He'd check her temperature to see if it had gone down any further

"Someone has to take care of you, Mizzy. It's for the good of your health," he'd tell her whenever she would reassure him that he doesn't need to do this.

Even though she hated to admit it, Donnie is adorable when he is like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You are conversing with Donatello," Donnie greeted on his phone.

"Hey. Just wanna check up on Mizzy," Leo said. "How is she feeling?"

"So far, her fever's gone, but she still needs to rest for a day or two."

"I can hear you, Donatello," Mizuki called. Donnie pressed the button for the blue foam smoke, smirking, and she yelped in the background.

"Can we just go visit her for a while? I miss fighting crime with her," Mikey said from behind Leo.

"Sorry, lil' bro. Mizzy's gotta get some rest first," Leo patted Mikey on the head. "Is she giving you any trouble?"

"No, she's just being stubborn and sick," Donnie answered glanced at Mizuki, who playfully glared at him.

"That's what we wanted to know. Well, we gotta go. See ya later, buddy!" Leo quickly said, smirking.

"No, wait—"

Leo ended the call before Donnie said any more. He sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"He's been thinking about us together, isn't he?" Mizuki grinned at him.

"Apparently, he has," Donnie nodded, annoyed at his brother. "Trying to ship us together."

"...Well, I don't mind hanging out with you," Mizuki added, blushing.

He looked up at her, his cheeks turning red. "What? Really?"

"Of course. In fact, if I haven't met you and your brothers, who knows what would have happened."

"Can't imagine that."

Mizuki chuckled and crossed her arms. "Anyway, um, I know that you are trying to take care of me for a while, so...thanks..."

Donnie smiled at her and blushed. "No probbles."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You've been trying to get Donnie and Mizuki together, are you?" Raph raised an eyebrow at Leo.

"Yes," the red-eared turtle answered confidently.

"Well, don't, unless it's for a good purpose."

Leo pouted at the snapping turtle.

"Is Donnie gonna be okay when we get there?" Mikey asked them nervously, clutching a plastic bag close to him, as he walked alongside them to Mizuki's home.

"Calm down," Leo said. "He'll be fine. He's got it under control."

They soon arrived at Mizuki's apartment with the medicines needed for her fever. Raph knocked on the door, Leo and Mikey behind him.

"Donnie? Everything okay in there?" Raph opened the door, only to stop in his tracks halfway in.

Leo and Mikey looked to where he is staring and nearly gasped. Donnie sleeping peacefully next to Mizuki on her bed, his robo-shell resting on the side. Her hand over his chest, and his arm around her waist. His three-fingered hand laying on her hand.

"Ohmigosh! That's so cute!" Mikey gushed and swiftly pulled out his phone, taking a picture of the two.

"Called it," Leo smiled victoriously. Raph hummed and shook his head, smiling at his brother resting.