Turtle-dega Nights: The Ballad of Rat Man

"So those powers in me, Papa? Do you really think I could be the Emerald Storm?" Mizuki spoke with her father.

They are both standing outside the arcade, with Donnie and Mikey playing their racing game. The two turtles were too busy to listen to Mizuki and Garrett's conversation.

"Well, the Mystic Protectors looked over the prophecy those Foot men told you about," Garrett replied to her. "And Jupiter said it's possible that you're the Emerald Storm."

"But why me? Why am I chosen for this?" Mizuki glanced down at her hands.

"Who knows? Maybe you and your friends are destined for greatness," Garrett shrugged, smiling down at his daughter.

She pondered about what he had told her and glanced back down at her hands.

"How would you boys like to enter your tank in a father-son car competition?" Splinter asked from inside the arcade.

Garrett and Mizuki peeked behind the doorway to find Splinter speaking with Donnie and Mikey.

"You want to enter my design in a father-son competition?" Donnie squealed with delight.

"Ohmigosh, dreams do come true!" He shot up from the arcade seat and spun Splinter around before letting him go.

Splinter landed on the shoulders, and they both headed down to the garage.

"I thought we were playing it cool," Mikey whispered.

Mizuki and Garrett blinked at the rat mutant with raised eyebrows and stared at each other.

*****

Down in the garage, the two humans soon found the two turtles and Splinter circling the Turtle Tank.

"Wow. That's incredible, Donatello," Garrett remarked amazed. "How long have you worked on that?"

"Well, I don't want to rat out on your daughter, but we've taken it off Repo Mantis's hands and I've decided to upgrade it to a better vehicle," Donnie explained.

"Repo's one of those mutants we've encountered beforehand," Mizuki said to her father.

"Ah, I see," Garrett nodded.

Splinter hummed and studied the tire. "So like how much damage can this thing take?"

He swung his cane at the tire and grunted with each hit. Donnie cringed at his father hitting the Tank.

"It is a tank, so she's probably pretty good on defense," Mikey said, scratching the back of his head.

"Maybe we add another armor shell just to really protect your creation," Splinter suggested to Donnie.

"Great idea, Dad. Can't be too careful," Donnie lit up. "She is my baby. I mean, if anything happened to her, I'd...I'd be lost."

Mizuki cleared her throat, her arms crossed across her chest playfully.

"Oh, and of course, if Mizuki's hurt or dead, I'd lose my mind, too," Donnie added.

The blue-haired girl smiled at him appreciatively.

"What kind of car competition exactly is this?" Mikey asked suspiciously.

"It is, um...a car fair," Splinter replied. "You know, like where people bring their prized cars out to be pet and shown off...like a pig or spider."

Garrett and Mizuki both raised an unconvinced eyebrow at him before glancing back at one another.

*****