The Gumbus

Mizuki and April were hanging out in the living room, with the blue-haired girl sitting on the floor beside April. They were watching a rom-horror film that shone from the projector, a few times nearly jumping at the heart-stopping scenes.

Mizuki felt someone coming up from behind her and sucking in a breath and smirked smugly.

"Don't even think about it, Leonardo," she said as the same person held his breath short.

Leo blew a raspberry in defeat and stepped next to her and April.

"How did you know it was me?" He asked Mizuki, his hands on his hips, and raised an eyebrow at her.

"If I tell you a secret that I used to sense someone behind me, don't jinx it," she smirked victoriously. "Now where have you been?"

"Just...in the workout gym," Leo answered, with small drops of sweat streaming down his forehead.

"Really? Because I can hear you trying to do some tricks on the skating ramp," Mizuki grinned again.

April covered her mouth as she giggled, while Leo pouted at the full-lipped girl.

"You and your super hearing," he muttered.

Mikey's screams resonated from another room, causing the girls and Leo to jump at the sound.

They quickly ran towards the source of the screams and skidded to a stop in front of the archway.

Mikey was hiding underneath a blanket in a pillow fort, his tablet a few inches away from where he is trying to hide.

"Uh, what'cha watching, Miguel?" Leo picked up the tablet and examined the device.

"And what's with this fort of yours?" Mizuki raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, my gosh, oh, my gosh!" Mikey popped up from the pillows with a terrified expression. "I was just watching my favorite can-stacking channel!"

Leo, April, and Mizuki stared at him perplexed.

"Can-stacking...okay," April said uncertainly.

Mikey popped up next Leo and April, his face with horror. "It's a thing."

"There's this one supermarket stock boy," he pulled the tablet with Leo still holding it and scrolled through the various videos. "He builds forts, towers, national monuments!"

"Yeah, I see his channel has a like," Leo studies the top of the channel.

"I would've liked it twice if I could," Mikey stated.

"Anyway, he's at the store after hours, and..." he found the video that he was watching and clicked on it. "You gotta see it!"

The video then changed to a boy wearing glasses and dressed in a store outfit and holding a flashlight.

"And now, I shall complete the most difficult stack of all, only completed by one other stock boy:..."

He turned on the flashlight and pointed it at a Lady Liberty tower made of cans. "The Lady Liberty stack!"

Cans clattering loudly prompted Stockboy to turn towards the source, his eyes widening.

"Hello? Is someone there?"

He turned the camera towards the noise, glowing light on the aisles. A can rolled on the ground and stopped.

Metallic rattling came from another direction.

Stockboy turned the camera back to himself, panting heavily. He turned back towards the Lady Liberty stack.

He slowly turned around, only to let out a scream before static appeared on the screen.