Hypno! Part Deux

(Note: the chapter is going to be like the episode, except when Donnie and Mizuki was in this, and they would take Raph and Leo's place of helping April and fight off Hypno-Potamus)

*****

April stood outside a few meters from the school, giving herself pep talks and practicing breathing, while Donnie leaned next to a tree deadpanned. She wore her green jacket, a yellow and blue dress, sandals and blue earrings.

Donnie was dressed up in a purple and white suit with a purple bow tie and pants, but he still had his goggles and purple mask on.

Mayhem sat next to her and wagged his tail.

"You can do this," April exhaled. "You fought monsters, been to hidden cities, destroyed robots, you've—"

She stopped walking and sagged. "Who are you kidding? School dances are way more dangerous. Why am I even here?"

April turned to walk away, but Mayhem teleported to where she was about to step. He landed on her shoulder and teleported her back to her original position.

He threw his hands in a punching motion, purring and squeaking, and confidently placed his hands on his hips.

"The little guy's right," Donnie smiled at April, then whispered to himself. "Though I have no idea what he's saying, though."

"You're right," April beamed bravely as she crouched in front of Mayhem. "I can do this—"

She stood back up and positioned her hands on her hips, too. "For Taylor, the coolest girl in school."

"Time for you to jet," she waved her hands at the dog-like creature. "I can't be like Siegel the lizard boy. I gotta be cool."

Mayhem squeaked and teleported away.

"Hold on, we can't leave without Mizuki first," Donnie leaned himself off the tree, his arms still folded. "Besides, she really needs to have that first homecoming dance feeling."

"You're right," April lit up.

She pulled out her phone and began to type on the messenger. "Yo, Mizzy! Where are you, girl? We're getting ready to go."

Just as she was about to hit send, a soft thud vibrated from behind.

Donnie turned around, following April's motion, and blushed at the sight of the blue-haired girl.

Mizuki wore a teal-green dress that reached below her knees, matching-colored flats, her golden locket, and a pearl bracelet. She had her hair down with a bun tied behind her head and earrings that like the bracelet on her ears.

"Oh, my gosh, girl," April gushed. "You look amazing!"

"Oh, w-wow...you—you look beautiful," Donnie breathed in wonder, still blushing.

Mizuki chuckled and pushed back a loose strand behind her ear, her face turning rosy red from Donnie's compliment.

"Thanks for lending me the dress, April," she said to the brown-skinned girl.

"Sure, Mizzy," April acknowledged. "Now come on. The homecoming dance ain't waiting for us."

Donnie and Mizuki turned to one another before he lent out his arm to her. She smiled and wrapped her hands around it in return.

They followed behind April as they approached the school.

Earlier that week, April had asked Donnie and Mizuki to go to the school homecoming dance with her for reasons that seemed reasonable; to help them have a high school event experience, and to save her from the humiliation of not being cool.