France x Reader

France (Francis) X Reader

Her days continued to be filled with love and sunshine ever since she met the love of her life; Francis Bonnefoy. She awoke to the sound of cars passing by her window and the scent of masculine cologne. She turned in her bed to gaze lovingly at the sleeping face of her fiancee Francis. He stirred under her gaze and smiled upon opening his eyes and meeting her coloured irises "Bonjour mon amour." 

She smiled at the sound of his voice and snuggled into his chest. She listened to the sound of his heartbeat and felt safe and relaxed in his arms. He held her tight to his chest and longed to hold onto her forever. His phone buzzed and he reluctantly let her go to look at the message. He frowned and she smiled "Is it Arthur?" "He wants to discuss business matters." She sighed and pulled away from him "If you must go, then go." He smiled at her behaviour and planted a quick kiss on her cheek "I will be back soon." 

She watched him leave and shivered from the lack of his body heat. The moment he left the household she began to observe his odd behaviour. She properly cleaned herself up and sat down in the chair at her office desk "Every time one of his friends calls he must leave. Is he being blackmailed?" She chuckled at the thought "He'd be quite hard to blackmail considering he doesn't care what others think." She fiddled with the pen in her hand "This is quite a perplexing matter."

Francis entered the cafe and sat down at the table Arthur was sitting at "What international problem do we have now? You took me away from my love." Arthur scowled at him "I'm sorry the EU is more important than your fickle human relationship." Francis' small smiled disappeared immediately "It is not a mere relationship. I plan to be with her for her entire life." Arthur looked up from his tea "I apologize, but I do think it is time for you to tell her about your true nature. It is unfair of you to keep it a secret." Francis hesitated "She might leave me." Arthur sighed "You have to be prepared for it. Humans typically can't handle the idea of it." Francis placed his drink down on the table "Let us handle this international dispute." Arthur stared at his old enemy in pity and glanced down at his tea before starting.

Francis returned home two hours later looking exhausted and his fiancee smiled "How was the meeting with Arthur?" He observed her smiling face and sighed internally "(Y/N) there is something I must tell you." She sat down beside him on the couch "What is it Francis?" He turned to face her and held onto her hands "It is something quite unordinary to you." She watched him intently and he gulped "I am the personification of France. This means I will forever stay young and will remain alive until France dies." She sat still on the couch, tears unknowingly cascading down her cheeks "I see." He watched her in worry and she wiped away her tears "I." She paused and looked away from his eyes "I have to think about this Francis." 

She stood up and released his hands "I apologize." He stood up to follow her "Mon amour." She turned away from him, but he could notice the tears falling down her cheeks once again. He heard her struggling to breathe and he heard her occasional sniffles "(Y/N)." She turned to look at him once again and his stomach sank at the sight of her red eyes. She took a deep breath "I don't think I can do this Francis." "Mon amour it does not change anything. It just means that you will never lose me."

She bit her bottom lip in frustration "Francis this changes everything." He grew perplexed at her words. She took a few deep breaths "I had imagined a future for the two of us. I imagined us growing older together, raising a family." "We can still raise a family." She shook her head "It wouldn't be the same. I would have to watch my child grow older than you. You would have to watch your family grow and die, all while you remain young and youthful." 

He paused at her words and watched as tears continued to flow down her cheeks. She looked up into his blue eyes and gently pecked his lips "I have to leave you, Francis." "You don't" he pleaded. She smiled softly "The pain will become unbearable for both of us." She let go of his hands and watched as tears began to roll down his cheeks "It wasn't supposed to be like this." She wiped away his forming tears "You'll always be the love of my life Francis."

Author's Note:

The next imagine will be Spain. 

I hope you enjoyed the story and continue on.