~ Part 4 ~

"Miss Cathy has been found out to have had particularly intimate moments with those of the opposite side." My father's voice dripped of authority and power. I was almost entranced by it like everyone else. Almost. "The rules state that she must be banished from this organisation and any others who knew of the affair and or helped with the execution of said affair will be punished appropriately." My heart began to race. I couldn't even look at my friend to read her facial features. It was against the rules. Jade had rushed over to sit with her parents, who had a similar but smaller throne just beside mother and father's.

"Also, it says you have to do it." Mother finished for father. Better than waiting for him to read the next dictionary's worth of a sentence to me. I simply nodded. My parent's heads turned to Jade, who had now stood up. She faced her own parents who held a small bowl of some sort of mixture. It had been made by the Patrick family, none of which I liked even in the slightest. Jade took the bowl with a nod of her head and turned to me, taking the few steps it took before she was just in front of me. I took the bowl from her and turned towards Cathy. Her eyes burned into mine for help. Help I couldn't give her no matter what. My family would never let me. I'd be apprehended before I even got close to her. There's too many people there. I continued my short walk and stopped just a foot away from one of my best friends. She knew what was coming and despite her silent pleading, she knew I wasn't going to stop it. She held out her left arm turned upwards so that I could see her wrist. It was pale, like a vampire's, but tanned on the backside just like a normal human's.

"I didn't tell them." I almost couldn't hear Cathy's words, which gave me hope that no one else could. "I'd never do that to you." I reached my fingers into the disgusting paste in the bowl. My mind flicked through my memories with Cathy and realised what I was doing to her.

"Thank you." My fingers got closer and closer to her tattoo, what claimed her as ours.

"You're the best warrior in this room. And you're stronger than even your father." I sucked in a sharp breath as the paste made contact with Cathy's tattoo. All around me, the members started to chant the words that made the paste glow a bright silver.

"I will never stop being your friend, Cathy." I whispered to her, tracing my fingers over the black ink on her wrist to remove the enchanted bond.

"I know." And with that, I started to chant myself considering I had to. My heart still ached from guilt. Guilt that I couldn't get over. Cathy's eyes teared up then all went silent. My best friend screamed out in pain, gripping onto her forearm like it was on fire. Cathy. Why did you have to get caught? You could have been with us forever. Friends forever, remember?