~ Part 21 ~

"So you think you're going to kill one of us, princess?" Corey challenged with a little smirk on his face. Devyn was sat in his lap, her face burrowed into his neck which just so happened to completely reveal hers to him.

"Don't call me princess and I don't know, maybe." I smirked right back at him, taking the chair I'd sat on last time, that I'd literally manifested out of midair, and plopped down into it. One of my legs rested over the other.

"What should we call you then?" Kevin asked as he stood up to move out of Mike's seat on the couch. He walked to the back of the garage, leaning against the doors sitting on the floor. I felt bad for him. Just a little.

"Vanessa. Only my parents and... the rest call me a princess." I almost gagged thinking of the clan. I loved the vampire hunting but hated all of the clan shit. It was the worst to be of such a high status, so looked up to. As vein as that sounds anyway.

"What's wrong with your parents?" I shivered at the word and the thought of them. I didn't intend to tell them anything about my life but Cathy clearly did. She leaned forward on Mike's lap.

"They're the 'king' and 'queen' of the clan." Cathy said with a smile on her face. She looked proud, for whatever reason. I rolled my eyes, leaning back into the comfort of the chair.

"So you're basically the clan's most important youth?" Sam questioned me. Why were we talking about me again? It's a good question.

"I guess." I almost pouted for no reason at all. I was annoyed, beyond annoyed actually. I didn't want to talk about my rank and status. I could feel eyes on me and I knew exactly where they were coming from because I'd had the same feeling before. I refused to look back at those bright blue eyes because I knew that something would happen to give me away. My... attraction to the creature.

"She doesn't like talking about that though." Jade told them for me. She smiled widely and shuffled forwards on her own chair. "What about you guys? Are you a clan?"

"Yes." Elton smiled proudly back at her. "We are and we're pretty damn strong." My eyes scanned over all of them. They did all radiate power and authority.

"How strong?" Cathy shuffled forwards as well only it made Mike's face change. He wanted to growl since she was on his lap. He turned his head so that only Kevin could see it but he was focused on looking at someone else.

"Colby over there is one of the strongest vampires out there right now." I finally let myself glance at him. The blue eyed brown/blue haired creature with the seriously good looking facial features. He didn't look proud like Elton or Jake but instead seemed to be annoyed. Kinda like I was.

"So you're the leader?" Jade looked over at him as well. Sam was watching him carefully, seemingly worried in some strange way. Colby just shrugged.