~ Part 96 ~ Colby

I smiled as I watched my girlfriend attack Elton a little ways across the clearing. She was being cocky and honestly winning against him anyways. Sam and I had been sparring for what felt like hours. I'd won about six more times than he had. "So, Vanessa made you say that you love her basically in front of us." Sam teased with a smirk on his face. I raised an eyebrow at him as a challenge.

"Why do you have to bring that up?" I asked, annoyed, as I threw a kick at him and sent him to the ground. He got back up as fast as he could.

"Because it's emotion. That you're showing. And it's really good for you. Just like she is." I blocked a kick from Sam and twisted his arms behind his back. Yeah, she's good for me. She makes me soft. Sure. But I do love her more than anything and this whole training session is the representation of what I'm willing to do to protect her.

"Lets just finish training." I glanced over at my girlfriend kicking Elton's ass only to notice everyone else was watching, too.

"Very well done, Vanessa." Edward praised her and smiled. "Especially the tail, creative." I felt the need to go to her just because I wanted to be near her. I guess I just had a bad feeling.

"Thank you very much." Ness helped Elton up and the two exchanged a smile. I ignored Sam talking to me to watch her. She looked so proud of herself, which she should be. She just won fair and square against a pretty strong vampire.

"I'm thinking that you're all good for today. No need to drag out the training for too long or you'll start getting sloppy and tried." Finally, I sped to Ness' side and placed my hands on her waist. She turned back human, making me feel a certain type of way. My vampire senses caught the whiff of that old vampire who'd visited us too late. An arrow landed in Ness' back making her roar out in pain. I caught her to stop her from falling, supporting her. My eyes were scanning for the vampire I could smell. Finally, I spotted him and five others walking in a line into the clearing. Vanessa was back in Lupa form. She pulled the arrow out and I watched as the wound healed. My eyes locked on who must have been old William approaching. I snarled at him, noticing the bow and arrow he carelessly threw behind him. Vanessa stood up straight in my arms.

"You think you can train them all against us?" William challenged angrily as he stopped in his tracks. The others copied him. The crazy-looking blonde next to him hadn't taken her eyes off of Vanessa.

"I can and I am." Edward replied just as angrily.

"Foolish. You think you can defeat us?" William snorted and rolled his eyes at Edward. I only felt rage. Ness' blood was raising into my nose. It was a fight to keep in control being so close to it. Even if I fed from her just yesterday.

"Sam, Corey, Jake, Mike. The girls." Ness whispered quickly. My head turned to the three humans being guarded by the two hunters. Corey and Mike stood protectively in front of them as well.

"You. You killed my brother, you bitch." The woman snarled at Ness. She flashed her teeth aggressively only for the girl in my arms to do the exact same thing back at her. "Lupa. You never said she was a Lupa, William." The woman looked annoyed.

"Must have slipped my mind. Regardless, she has to die." I naturally growled. How dare they threaten Vanessa? Are they mad? I'll rip them to shreds. I stepped in front of my girlfriend.

"Looks like we'll have to fight for it."