Chapter 8.

As the week passed, I began to feel at home again. New York was just as magical as I remembered. Me and the boys went to the parks, fancy restaurants, music shops, the cinema...we were having a great time.

Me and Andrew were having a night out together, leaving the boys back at the hotel the day before the show. I never did mention to anyone about the flowers, but I knew Julian knew. He was probably the mastermind to the whole plan.

"I'm glad we decided to go out tonight. I mean just you and me. I really needed some grown up time." I said taking a drink of my wine.

"No problem Luce. You deserve it. You know, coming out with you really made me realise why I had a thing for you in the first place. Back in sixty-four." He smiled. I blushed.

"Yeah? Then you had sex with Janice and had a kid. Do you ever see your daughter?"

He sighed and looked down. "No. Janice got full custody once I moved out here. I still have to give her a monthly check. But, I'm pretty happy with my fiancée right now."

I nodded and finished my food. "I'm happy you're happy Andrew. Atleast one of us made it."

He set his fork down and looked at me. "Lucy, are you happy?"

"Yeah. I have my boys. That's all that matters." I smiled.

"Lucy I know the boys are your whole world. But, it's okay to be unhappy. I mean with your love life. And don't use your job as an excuse. I've seen you around other men and...you push them away."

I sat back and shrugged. "I guess I'm just afraid."

"Of what?"

"Of getting hurt again. Christ Andrew I went through so much pain for years. Yeah I was to blame half of the time but it wasn't healthy. I just want to normal relationship. I'd like to be with someone and know that I'll grow old with them. That'd I'd be his only love. Yeah I go out and have a good time with a few guys now and then. But I don't want that anymore. When you came along..." I trailed off and shook my head. "Nevermind."

"No..tell me. Come on." He reached over and placed his hand on mine. "Please?"

I looked at our hands, then into his eyes. "You were the guy who gave me a second chance. A real life. You gave me the opprotunity to become what I am. When I needed a partner, you were there. When I needed a friend, you were there. I just....I sometimes wonder what could have been."

He gave a small smile and squeezed my hand. "I love you Lucy. I really do. You've become my friend. My partner. My guide. I dunno, I can't even picture what my life would be like without you. Even though we could never be lovers, you're the true love of my life."

I blushed and leaned over, giving him a sweet kiss. He smiled against my lips before pulling away slowly.

"I love you Andrew. And um, Thank you. For always taking a chance on me. You're my best friend."

"And you're mine. Come on, let's get out of here." He said, asking for the check.

..

Me and Andrew were laughing as we arrived back to our room. We walked in to see the boys asleep in front of the snowed out television. I set my purse away and turned the tv off, Andrew helping me set the boys to their bed.

After closing the door quietly, I turned the lights off and made my way to mine and Andrew's room, unzipping my dress. He was pulling his shoes off and undoing his tie. I giggled and walked over, helping him.

"Such an amatuer." I smiled. He made a face and watched me as I tossed his tie to the side, pulling the straps to my dress down and letting it slide off my body. He stared at my half naked body.

"You know, you make it hard for a poor sap like me to be faithful." He smirked. I giggled and covered his eyes.

"I promise I'll be good tonight."

"What's the fun in that?" He said taking his coat off, unbuttoning his shirt. I bit my lip and watched him shrug out of it.

"We really shouldn't Andrew. The boys are next door and..." I watched as he kicked his jeans off, leaving him in just his briefs. My body was heating up just looking at him.

"Coming to bed?" He asked, pulling the covers back. I nodded and got under the sheets with him. I sat up and reached around, unhooking my bra.

"I like to sleep freely." I smiled. He chuckled and pulled me down next to him, his hands resting on my stomach as he held me. I smiled to myself, feeling him kiss the back of my neck.

"Are we really going to do this?" I asked. His hands moving over my breasts, making my nipples hard, gave me my answer. I turned around, facing him and leaned up, pressing my lips on his.

..

November 28, 1974

Me and James were eating breakfast together as Andrew took Julian out to buy some new albums. I was really glad the boys got along with him.

"Mommy I think you look pretty today." James said kissing my cheek. I smiled and ruffled his hair.

"Thank you baby."

I wasn't very pretty at all I had to admit. My hair was messy and damp from my shower, I was just in my underwear and wearing an old, loose shirt with rips. Only a child could see the beauty in that.

"Mommy, when will I get to meet daddy?"

I froze and set my strawberry down. "I dunno baby. I haven't spoken to him in a long time."

"Couldn't you try??" He looked at me with his innocent brown eyes. I melted and kissed the top of his head.

"Someday James."

I looked at the clock.

9:54 am

I stood up and reached for James's hand. "Come on, let's get dressed."

..

Today was the day of the show. Andrew was running around like a headless chicken, working his ass off most of the afternoon, making calls, taking notes...I felt bad letting him do everything alone. But he assured me it was his assignment.

I decided to change into some jeans and a plain shirt for the concert, until Julian came into my room and suggested I wear my long skirt and a crop top. I shrugged and changed, happy with his choice. I brushed out my blonde hair and let it fall over my shoulders. I put on a little bit of makeup and smiled with my appearance.

I walked out and giggled as Andrew stopped in the middle of his conversation on the phone, just to stare. I blushed as he gave me a thumbs up. Julian told me I was beautiful. James too busy watching tv to care.

..

Andrew was busy writing on his clipboard and chewing on his pen as Elton John sang on stage. The crowd going wild. I noticed Julian looking around, then pulling my hand.

"I 'ave to pee." He said. I nodded and told Andrew where we were going. We made our way backstage as Julian pulled me through the crowd of people. I almost lost James a few times. But his hand stayed in mine.

"Take your brother with you." I told Jules. He nodded and smiled, leaving me alone out in the small hall. I sighed and looked down at my feet. Then I heard his voice.

"Lucy?"

I turned around and blinked, seeing him face to face. His guitar around his body. My stomach turning into a nervous knot. I swallowed and stuttered as I spoke.

"H...Hi John."

......