Chapter 24.

"Lucy! Come on love wake up! Come on down!"

I opened my eyes slowly, hearing the faint sound of a voice. George.

Sitting up, I yawned, stretched, got out of bed and made my way to the restroom to fix myself up a little. Brushing my teeth, I looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were puffy and red. I groaned and finished brushing, splashing cold water on my face and brushed my hair. I made my way downstairs, the smell of eggs, sausage and potatos filling the air. I smiled and walked into the room, seeing George hurriedly cook and set a plate of food down for me.

"G'morning!" He smiled, setting the spatula aside. I giggled and sat down.

"G'morning to you too George. Cheerful this morning yeah?"

He shrugged. "I suppose. Eat up! I'm sure the little one will enjoy."

I laughed and nodded. "I am starved. Thank you Geo. I really appreciate this."

It didn't take much encouraging to start eating. I was starving and the little one inside me was just as starved. George sat next to me and watched me eat like an animal. I blushed.

"Aren't going to eat?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I already ate. You look like you got a decent amount of rest."

I blinked. "What time is it??"

"Two in the afternoon." He chuckled. My eyes widened.

"Christ George you should have woken me up earlier!"

"No no it's fine. You need the rest. I've been up since seven this morning, working. I have to leave in an hour. Just to meet up with a few mates and talk about the album."

I nodded. "Thank you George. Thanks for making me breakfast for lunch."

He laughed and nodded. "You're welcome love."

I continued eating as he kissed my cheek and stood up. He began cleaning up the kitchen. I looked at him. "Oh no George leave it! I can clean this up."

"No love you shouldn't..."

"George please. I want to." I smiled. He gave in, knowing I could argue with him all afternoon. I plopped the last potato in my mouth and stood up, rubbing my stomach.

"That was a lovely breakfast George. Again, Thank you."

He wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me against his body. "Anything for you love."

I blushed as he gave me a small kiss, loosening his grip and going off on his way. I felt my heart beat faster as I smiled like an idiot, starting to work on the dishes.

..

"Well I'm off out." George said, grabbing his keys and making his way to the front door. I was sitting on the sofa, eating a bowl of grapes.

"Alrighty. I'll see you later." I smiled. He walked over and kissed my cheek.

"I love you."

I blushed and looked at him. "I love you too. Now get out of here."

He made a face and laughed, closing the door behind him as he left. I was about to turn the tv on, when the phone rang. I was reluctant to answer, since I didn't even know what to say. I bit my lip and picked it up.

"Hello?" I asked shyly.

"Oh um, hello. I was meant to get in touch with George I..."

I smiled, recognizing the voice oh too well. I mean christ I had a crush on the guy for years.

"Richard??" I asked.

"Who's this??"

I giggled and ran a hand through my hair. "It's Lucy you asshole!"

He laughed. "Holy..what are ye doin in George's flat??"

"I'm staying here. Me and John..erm, we split. I just moved in here yesterday."

"I see. I'd ask questions but, it's not my place to be askin. Look um, I wanted to talk to George about something. I'm workin on a new album and he told me he'd help me out with somethin."

"You're working on a new album?? So is George! How about you come over and pay me a visit??" I giggled. He laughed.

"Ah I wish I could love. I'm way off 'ere in Los Angeles."

"Los Angeles!?"

"I know! I'm working at one of the studio's here. Paul came by maybe a week ago to help out. I called George but he said he didn't know if he'd be able to make it since he's busy. But ye know, maybe you can encourage him to come by??"

"I'll definitly try. I miss you so much!"

"I'd love to see you again Luce. We could catch up, hang out and just spend some time together."

I blushed and chewed on my nails. "That sounds amazing. How long will you be staying?"

"Until July. Look I 'ave to go. George has my number. Tell him to call me when he gets in yeah? Please Lucy, talk to him."

"I will Richard. Bye."

"Bye love."

..

Dear Andrew,
   I got your last letter a week ago. I've been a bit busy since the move and I'm enjoying my stay here in England. There's something I need to tell you though. I've been putting this off for months and, I really don't know how you'll react. When I first arrived to New York, I found out I was pregnant. I didn't tell you because I wasn't sure who the father was. But I did the math, I counted the weeks. And now I know. Andrew, this baby is yours.

.....