Chapter 73.

I woke up to the faint sound of William crying. I panicked a little when I didn't see him in our room. But then I remembered we set him in Max's bedroom for the night.

I sat up and yawned. John snoring softly and laying on his back. I took a moment to just stare at his naked body. How sexy he looked. His chest rising and falling. His hair messily strewn. I moved my hand over his chest, enjoying how warm his skin was. How smooth. I bit my lip and leaned down, kissing his neck. He hummed and turned his head, moving a hand into my hair. I smiled and sucked on his skin.

"G'morning baby. I'm just going to check on William. I'll be right back okay?" I whispered. He opened his eyes and nodded.

"Hurry." He half smiled.

I grabbed my silk robe and slipped it on. I walked out of the room and into Max's. He was covering his head with a pillow. William crying and wiggling around.

"Oooh poor baby. Mommy's here. Shhh." I picked him up and held him to me. "Shhh what's wrong huh?" I kissed his cheek. He was sucking on his bottom lip. I sighed and adjusted myself. He latched onto me and soon he was having his early morning breakfast.

"Nnngh." He mumbled while sucking. I smiled and stroked his cheek. After he finished, I set him back to nap. Max was too sleepy to even talk. I tucked him in and kissed his cheek. Then I was back off to meet my knight and shining armor.

The dark skies out didn't allow any sunlight to peek in through the curtains. I walked into the room to see John sleeping again. I sighed and dropped the robe off my body, climbing on top of him.

"John. Baby I'm back." I whispered. He opened his eyes slowly and looked up at me. I reached down and stroked him slowly. He let out a soft moan. I smiled when I realised he was already hard. His hands taking over my body and guiding me down. I shut my eyes and gasped.

..

December 8, 1980

"Andrew....it's been awhile since I've seen you. And...this might be the last." I wiped my eyes and set the flowers down.

"It's not easy to do this. Christ I can't even keep myself under control." I sat down on the cold grass. Although it was cold, it wasn't snowing. The skies still covered in thick grey clouds.

"I think it's only right I give you the proper goodbye nobody's given me. I love you so much and...maybe one day I'll come all the way back here for you....I had a little boy. His name is William. Max adores him. John's agreed to move us all to Liverpool next month. A new start. Again." I laughed. "There's never an end for me is their?"

I stood up and kissed his gravestone. "I'll never leave you. Someday I'll be back."

I took a shakey breath and began my walk back to the car. I got in and nodded.

"Someday."

..

When I returned back home, I was met with a deep kiss and pulled into the living room. I giggled as John spun me around as we danced around the living room. I noticed soft, classical music playing in the background.

"John what's all this?" I asked.

He stopped us and grabbed my hand, leading me to the sofa. I sat in his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I made plans tonight. You and me. Restaurant. Dinner. Romantic setting. Just the two of us." He played with a strand of my hair.

"That sounds perfect babe. The boys?"

"Already called a sitter."

I pecked his lips and played with his hair. "You'll need a haircut."

He made a face. "Get on. Maybe before the interview yeah? Are you coming with me?"

I nodded and kissed his hand. "I can't wait to begin our life together. Where it all started."

"Where we belong." He answered. I blushed and held onto him.

"This is where I belong. In your arms. With you."

He stroked my hair and kissed the top of my head. "I love you Lucy. Until the end."

"Until the end."

..

It was a little after five in the evening when John finished the radio interview. We made our way out of the building and held hands as groups of people asked for an autograph. I bumped into someone and dropped my purse. A man picked it up for me and smiled as I thanked him. John signed his copy of Double fantasy and was on his way.

We decided to take a small walk in the park before we arrived back home to get dressed for our date night. I was grateful to finally be having this night to ourselves.

John's been so patient with me. The boys. Our family. Going weeks without sex, losing sleep, stress levels sky rocketing with taking care of a new baby. But now things seem to be going back to normal. Things are better. I'm the luckiest woman in the world.

..

9:10 pm

"How do I look?" I twirled around in front of John. He was sitting on the sofa, smoking a cigarette while he waited for me.

"Beautiful. So fuckin beautiful." He gazed at me. I blushed and kissed his forehead.

"Not too bad yourself Lennon. We should get going." I said fixing his tie. He smiled watching me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothin. I just can't believe how far we've made it."

"In my life....It's always been you." I whispered. He smiled and gave me a small kiss. It wasn't long until the sitter came. We said our goodbyes to the boys and were on our way.

..........