Chapter 27.

Three Months Later

September 17, 1976

Dear George,

Things are just fine in New York. The days seem to be flying by the sooner my due date approaches. Andrew found me a pretty nice apartment in Brooklyn! I could have lived in Manhattan, But that was a bit too fancy for me. You know how out of place I'd be. Anyways, I'm excited today, since Richard will be visiting. I heard he was going to meet up with John. I dunno. I miss you! Please visit me soon?? Maybe you can see the baby! I decided to name the little guy Maxwell. Andrew liked it. It's a cute name. He'll have Andrew's last name. I love you George! I hope you and the missus are doing well!
       Love, Lucy.

I put the letter in the envelope and sealed it, grabbing my coat to head down to the post office.

..

Ever since I began my "new" life with Andrew, my life has been full of peace and happiness. I moved out of George's a month ago, after he met a girl whome he fell for. Her name is Olivia. I met her a few times. She was sweet and friendly. I was glad George met someone. I'd feel bad leaving him alone in that big place of his.

As for John, I never saw him again. The only time his name came up, was either from tv, radio, or Julian. And yes, Richard.

Richard has become a really dear friend. Ever since we got in contact again, we've become closer than ever. Since he's finished up with the album and spent some time in the states, we've had a lot of time to spend together. I forgot how fun Richard was. His sense of humor, his stories, friendship, charm, warm hugs.

Me and Andrew spent lots of time together as well. I will admit, there's been some romantic moments here and there. But I had to remind myself that he was still married and a father. His wife, Janice was upset at first. That was a period when Andrew spent three weeks with me and concluded with lots of sex. But we both agreed it was getting in the way of buisness and our friendship. So we cut that out and decided to remain just friends. Friends that share a baby..

..

I was walking out of my apartment, when I saw Richard coming down the hall. He smiled and waved at me as I waddled over to him. He kissed my cheek.

"Hiya love. How are ye this morning?"

"Off to post a letter to George. How are you?"

"I'm great. Especially now I'm here with you." He smiled. I giggled and held his hand. We walked together to send the letter, then stopped in an ice cream shop.

We walked in the park to just talk and goof around. I laughed as he tapped his ice cream on the tip of my nose and licked it off.

"Richard stop it!"

"Stop what? I 'ave no idea what you're talkin about my lady." He smirked. I licked the ice cream off his cheek and pulled him along to the small pond. Richard picked a flower off a bush and stuck it behind my ear. I blushed.

"It suits ye." He said snapping a picture of me. I smiled.

"What does?"

"The flower. In your hair. Gorgeous." He said looking at me. I turned red and shook my head.

"Stop flattering me Starkey. Come on, let's go back to mine. I could use you to help me with a few things." I grabbed his hand as we made our way to my apartment.

This, was mine and Richard's relationship.

..

"Oh my goodness that was a relief." I sighed as I walked out of the restroom.