Chapter 63.

After my small talk with Michelle, I was pretty sure all she wanted was a friend to talk to and have someone by her side. Despite our rocky past, I felt bad for her. She was completely alone. Nobody deserves that kind of life.

I gave her some money, some advice and my phone number. She asked that I don't tell John anything. Not even about seeing her. I respected her wish and ended up telling John I was at the cemetary. He didn't think anything of it and went on with his guitar lessons with Jules and Max.

I was sitting on the sofa with Sean between my legs. We were being silly and giving each other kisses. John would look over at us now and then, smiling to himself. Guitar in his lap.

I felt small flutters in my stomach as I reached over to take a drink of my tea. I let Sean sip some and continued our small activities.

..
One week later
April 23, 1980

I pouted as Julian finished packing his things.

It was time for him to leave again. This time, he wouldn't be back until December.

"Atleast I'll be 'ere for Christmas" he smiled. I sighed.

"That's forever from now." I sulked.

"Time goes by faster than you think. In no time, we'll all by sitting around a huge Christmas tree, opening presents with the new little one."

I smiled. "Remember to call alright?"

"I will." He smiled. "Well, I think I'm all done 'ere."

I nodded. John walked into the room. "We all ready?"

"No." I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Oh come now Lucy. It's just a few months." John chuckled.

"I know. Just...take care of yourself okay?" I kissed Julian's cheek. He kissed mine and rubbed my stomach.

"Next time, I'll be meeting my new brother."

"What makes you think it's a boy?" I laughed.

"I just know." He smiled.

..

Later that Night

I was munching on some cereal straight out of the box and reading a magazine when there was a knock on the door.  John was in the shower. I groaned, and got up, answering it. I froze.

"Michelle? What are you..?"

She walked inside quickly. "Something's wrong. I haven't been feeling anything lately. I stopped morning sickness a few days ago. No more motion or small flutters. I just...what if I lost it??"

I sat her down. "Calm down."

"I should have called a doctor but...I can't afford it right now. I needed to see you." She looked up at me. I nodded and touched her stomach.

"How are you feeling?"

"I feel normal. Everything but pregnant." She sniffled. "I should have told Paul. I should have let him know about the baby."

"What baby?" John walked into the roon. He froze when he saw Michelle. The silence in the room was enough to hear a pin drop. I scratched the back of my head.

"Michelle's pregnant. And...it's Paul's."

John looked at us in confusion. I walked over and held his hand.

"You better sit down."

Me and Michelle managed to tell John the whole thing. From beginning to end. This resulted with us heading to the doctor's and getting her a check up. John was silent the entire time. I reached for his hand as we waited out in the waiting room. Maxwell asleep in my arms.

"Lucy?" John asked. I turned to him.

"Yes?"

He sighed. "Why did you help her? I mean...after everything.."

"That's all in the past John. We can't change what happened. Let's not forget I forgave you. She wasn't only to blame."

He nodded and looked down at his hands. "I'm sorry Lucy. I just...even afterwards though.."

"Everyone deserves a second chance. I'm not going to waste anymore of my life holding grudges and hating people. I made lots of mistakes too. Either way, you and me ended up together. We always do." I rested my head on his shoulder. He chuckled and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"I love you Lucy. I don't tell you that enough."

I smiled. "I love you too John."

..

Three Months Later

She moved back to Michigan with family. Me and John managed to help her out a bit. Talk her into keeping the baby. We promised to never tell Paul. In life, there are secrets you'll forever hold. Even from the ones you love.

I was grateful to make ammends with her. Now, I wouldn't wonder the rest of my life if things between us could have been different. Yes we all move on. But wonder like that can really stick in the back of your mind. In this case...things turned out for the best.

..

I woke up at two in the morning with hunger pains. My stomach growling and small kicks making me head to the kitchen. I left John sleeping soundly as I flicked the kitchen light on.

I opened the fridge and noticed some left over pasta in a small container. I heated it up and added some cheese, grabbing a fork. Before I could devour my dish, I turned to see Maxwell rubbing his eyes.

"I smelled food." He mumbled. I smiled and reached my hand out to him.

"Come here."

He walked over and climbed in my lap. I held the fork full of pasta to his lips and watched him eat. I began eating as well.

"What's this??" John asked. I giggled.

"Were hungry."

John walked over and pulled up a chair, sitting next to us. Minutes later, were all eating, followed by us heading back to bed. Maxwell joined us, sleeping in the middle. John reached over and rested his hand on my stomach.

"Four more months." He yawned. I closed my eyes and rested my hand on his.

"Four more months."

...........