Chapter 26.

One week later

I practically ran off the plane, to the nearest trash bin in the airport, puking like a fire hose. Julian ran over to me and pulled my hair back as I finished. I felt a little better once I stood up and fixed myself. I ignored the few stares I got and walked along with Julian out of the building. I breathed in the fresh air, enjoying the warm breeze.

Being back in the states, really made me feel at home again. There was a hint of nervousness in me, but also excitement. Excited to see Richard. Nervous to see Andrew. This didn't help my morning sickness one bit.

..

It was Saturday morning when we arrived at the hotel. Julian seemed to enjoy moving around a lot. But I had to admit, my feet were killing me like crazy. When we finally arrived to our room, I was panting and ready to die. Jules laughed at me and helped me inside.

"Fuckin christ I'm out of shape." I said laying back. I felt a kick and took that as I sign to sit back up. I caught my breath as Julian opened the curtains.

"Holy shit look at the view out 'ere!"

I was too tired to correct his language. I just stood up and walked over to him, smiling at the view.

"Wow. It is beautiful. You can see the beach." I said, my stomach grumbling. "Whelp, I think it's time for breakfast!"

..

Two hours later

Me and Julian managed to eat everything that was sent to our room. I was pretty content when there was a knock on the door. "Mum get that!" Jules yelled as he watched tv. I rolled my eyes and stood up, holding onto the table to support me and made my way to the door. I opened it and froze to see Andrew.

"Hi." He smiled awkwardly, holding a bouquet of flowers. I blushed and laughed.

"Hi Andrew. Um, thank you." I took the flowers and stepped aside so he could come in. The flowers were beautiful I had to say. I shut the door and watched him stand awkwardly in the large room.

"Shit why am I so nervous? I mean it's just you." Andrew laughed, scratching the back of his head. I giggled and walked over to him.

"I know. I'm glad you showed up."

He looked down at my stomach and froze. "Wow. It's actually real. I mean...there's a tiny human inside you. And it's half mine."

I couldn't hold back my laughter as he touched my belly cautiously. "Calm down Stephens it's not going to explode. Here."

I grabbed his hand and placed mine over his as he felt the small movements. He smiled and looked at me in awe.

"Thank you for telling me." He said calmly. I nodded.

"You're welcome."

He leaned in and kissed my cheek. He pulled away and let out a sigh of relief.

"So. Let's catch up."

..

"So you and her got married huh?" I asked as we walked along the beach. He nodded.

"Yeah. About two months ago. Small wedding."

I nodded, feeling a little upset. But I had to remember, things between me and Andrew were never official. I'm the one that lied and left without a word about the baby. He didn't know.

"I'm happy for you." I smiled. He grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"If I would have known you were pregnant Lucy, I would have taken care of you. I know I said it before. I'm not a fuckin asshole who'd just leave. I still want to be there for you. For this baby."

"I know Andrew. But I don't want you treating me like I'm different. I mean come on, I'm not such an innocent person."

"But you're still a person. You have feelings. I know everything around seems to be gone and you feel lost. But just know, I love you. I always will."

I smiled and shook my head. "I don't want to leave. Just ship me to Hawaii or some place where I can finally be a normal human being. I just want to rest. I'm tired. So fuckin tired."

We sat down on the sandy beach and turned to each other. I sprawled my legs out and sighed. He played with a strand of my hair.

"You're a beautiful woman Lucy. I've always loved you. And look, I'm not going to give you a dramatic, loving speech but I just need to tell you that you're tearing yourself apart. Don't. You have people who love you in your life, stop fuckin worrying about the past and think about the future. Christ Lucy." He laid back and looked up at the sky. I looked down at him and trailed my finger up and down his chest.

His green eyes looking up at the blue sky. His dark brown hair hanging over his eyes. I smiled to myself. His eyes met mine and just held my gaze.

"Let's have an affair." He smiled. I laughed and shook my head.

"My god Andrew. I swear, the things you say."

He chuckled and leaned up, kissing me. I closed my eyes, gently taking his face into my hands and kissing back slowly. Our lips moving together as people around us went on with their own buisness. But in that moment, I felt something. Guilt? Lust? Regret? No. Just happiness.

...

"Mmmm. Oh god Andrew that feels amazing." I moaned as he massaged my shoulders. We were back at the hotel, sitting on the bed as Julian went out sight seeing. I finished my ice cream and set the carton aside. "Maybe if I changed my name, nobody will find me."

He laughed. "Would you stop trying to run away from the world?"

"I've just spent most of my life chasing after something that wasn't there. I feel like I haven't accomplished what I was meant to do. I went into college to become an artist. Instead I came out a journalist and joined the rock n roll lifestyle. I pushed everything I set out to do and became...this!" I pointed to myself.

"Hmm. Well, why don't you try it all over again?"

I looked at him. "It's too late for me. I'm going to be a mother. I have no time..."

"Don't find an excuse. You can still take classes. Hell, you can make it a hobby. I can help you. When we get to New York again, I'll find you a loft and you can do something with yourself again."

I took in his words and sighed. "You'd really help me?"

He nodded and kissed my cheek. "Of course. I want to take care of you Lucy. Please let me."

I leaned in and instantly, we were kissing again. I giggled and pulled away after a few seconds. "When are you going to tell her?"

He sighed and shrugged. "I dunno. Probably tonight. I have to go anyways. Maybe we can see each other again? Tomorrow alright?"

I nodded. "I'd love that."

We kissed again and soon, he was grabbing his coat and headed to the door. He turned around.

"Tell Jules I said I'll bring by the records I promised. I love you."

"I love you too. Bye." I gave him a small smile.

"I'll be back. I promise."

I nodded as he walked out the door, leaving me alone in the room. I was about to walk back to the bed, when the door opened and Andrew walked over to me, pulling me into a deep kiss. I moved my fingers into his hair as our lips moved together in sync, our breathing getting heavier by the second the longer we kissed. He pulled away slowly and smiled.

"Alright. Now I'm leaving."

I giggled and shoved him. "Go. Before I have you thrown out."

"God Daniels, so bossy." He made a face, finally leaving for the day.

....