Chapter 13.

Eight Days Later

December 23, 1975

I yawned as we walked through the airport in New York. I held James's hand as we crossed the street, to meet up with John. We waited in a small coffee lounge. I kneeled on the ground and pulled up James's coats. It was snowing out and I made sure to have him bundled. I couldn't have him catching a cold.

"Lookin good puffball." Julian laughed. James had to turn his whole body to look at his brother.

"Stop calling me a puffball!"

They began arguing and wrestling. I settled this with a large cookie and hot chocolate. They sat contently, eating. I sighed and looked at the clock.

4:45 pm

Julian smiled when John came in and sat across from me. I had to admit, seeing him again made me feel happy. Purely, genuinly, rediculously happy.

"Hiya. Sorry I'm a little late. I 'ad to drop Yoko off at the airport."

"She's not joining us?" I asked a little confused. He shook his head.

"No. She knows you're coming to stay for a few days. She left to see a few relatives. Look um, I still think ye should stay at mine. I mean, I'm goin to need a female in the bloody building." He laughed. I smiled and shrugged.

"I suppose. I just didn't want to be a burden. Wait a minute, you drove??"

"Yeah. Why?" He asked. I raised my eyebrows and held my hand out. He made a face.

"Oh come on Lucy."

"I've been in a vehicle with you as the driver John. Many many times and I almost lost my head. So, give me."

He groaned and handed me the keys. I smiled. "Good boy. Come on. Those clouds look horribly threatening. Plus, I want to see the new baby." I smiled.

..

John showed me the guest bedroom and let me get settled. His apartment was pretty nice I had to admit. Still a musician. Guitar cases, music sheets, records...Some things never change.

Julian and James were excited to meet their new brother. I had to admit. So was I. John led us to the baby crib and picked him up. I smiled and skipped over, looking down at the little bundle of joy.

"Aaww. He's beautiful." I said quietly, not to wake him. "What's his name?"

"Sean. Ye um, want to hold him?"

"Yes." I said, taking him into my arms. I smiled and just spent a few minutes, looking him over. John watched me as I kissed Sean's forehead. "Hi little one. My name is Lucy."

"Mum you're bein a baby hog!" Julian yelled. I pressed my finger over my lips for him to keep quiet. I sat down and motioned for the boys to come over. They looked over my shoulder and smiled.

"He's so tiny." James said in awe.

"Is this all he does?? Sleep??"

I giggled and nodded. "He's only two months old Jules. He needs lots of rest and energy to build up."

I stood up and walked over to John. "He really is a cutie. I'm happy for you John."

"Thank you Lucy. Would you like some tea?"

"Yes please." I smiled. He nodded and left the room. I set Sean back into his crib, letting him sleep the day away. I followed John into the kitchen and leaned against the table.

"Im glad I'm here John. After last time I thought maybe you didn't want to see me anymore."

"Oh no. I wanted to see ye again. Believe me, I really did. But um, my girlfriend at the time...she dissaproved."