Chapter 11.

"I had a great time with you today." I said as John held a sleeping James in his arms. We walked together in front of the hotel. John smiled as I leaned up and kissed his cheek. "Thanks for everything."

"I should be the one grateful. Thank you for not bringing up the past. You know all the.."

I pressed my finger over his lips. "Let's not talk about all of that. It's over and done with. No sense in holding grudges and being bitter about life. Especially if things didn't go the way you might have hoped." I muttered the last part. He nudged my chin up to look at him.

"Lucy...I'm sorry. I mean about everything. I know it's too late but, I am. And I know I've said it many times before. But that's all I can say."

I have him a small smile and nodded. "I know John. I'm sorry too."

He pulled me into a small hug and handed me James.

"I better go now. Let's do this again soon yeah?" He said hopeful. I smiled.

"I'd love that. Good night."

"Good night Lucy."

We turned our seperate ways and went on with our own lives. I waited for the elevator and chewed on the inside of my cheek.

I was afraid to fall in love with him. I was afraid I already was. That I always have been. Sure I've been with George, even Paul...but no matter who I've been with, spent a night with, nobody ever made me feel the happiness John gives me.

..

I was a little upset as the rest of the weekened passed, I never heard from John again. He never called. I couldn't even call him since I didnt know where he lived. He didn't answer Julian's calls. I didn't even bump into him accidently anytime I went out. Maybe he just wanted to catch up and know I was doing well off without him? Maybe it was just guilt?

It was finally Sunday morning and we were packing our things to leave for the airport. We all had to admit, we were all a little disappointed to be leaving. New York was my home. Andrew's home. The boys loved it here and going back made it a little sad.

"Are you ready?" Andrew asked. I looked around and nodded.

"Yup. I got everything."

We made our way out of the hotel and called a cab, heading to the airport. I felt a little pain of hurt, leaving this all behind. Leaving John behind, again.

..

Two Days Later

I was sitting at my desk while eating lunch. I was doodling on a piece of paper when there was a light knock on my door. I looked up and felt reluctant as Michelle stood in the open doorway.

"Can I help you?" I said a little too harsh.

"I um, was told to send my article to you. I guess you're my editor." She said shyly. I sighed and nodded.

"Alright I guess. Just leave it on my desk and you can be on your way."

She placed it down and stopped to look at me. "Lucy I know I messed things up between us. I never meant to hurt you."

"Hmm. So you figured sleeping with my husband and ruining a marriage wasn't going to hurt me? Let's not forget the fact I was pregnant..."

"Lucy.."

"Pregnant Michelle! Christ! I thought we were friends. And what do you do? Ruin it all because you thought you had feelings for him. I told you he'd hurt you. You hurt Paul, my little boy and me."