Chapter 46.

"Good morning Julian." I smiled, patting the top of his head as I passed him at the kitchen table. He was eating cereal, reading a comic. I giggled as he pushed it aside and grabbed the paper instead. I poured myself some coffee as John walked into the room, putting his coat on and kissing me goodbye.

"I'll see ye tomorrow alright? Then, we can have the next few days all to ourselves." He smirked, squeezing my bum. I blushed.

"I can't wait. Bring Sean yeah?"

"Of course." He pecked my lips. "Bye Julian. See ye soon." He nodded at him and left out the door. I made myself some toast and sat next to Jules, humming and stirring my coffee.

"Uncle George went off for another session."

"What did you two do last night at the studio?" I asked, taking a bite.

"Well, we went off to the studio for a bit, he taught me a few things on the guitar and he took me to a pub afterwards."

I looked at him, raising my eyebrows. "A what???"

"I didn't drink anythin don't worry. We were there for half an hour then we came back 'ere."

I nodded and looked down at my cup. "Anything else interesting happen?"

He stayed silent and shook his head. "N..no."

"You shouldn't be spying on people Jules. It's not very polite."

He blushed and looked back at the paper he was reading. "Why do ye still treat me like I'm a little kid?"

I laughed. "You are a kid Julian."

"I'm fifteen years old. You still treat me like I'm that four year old back when you and dad were married. I'm not your real son. You don't 'ave to treat me like I am." He crossed his arms and left the room. I sat still, a confused look on my face.

A few seconds later, I followed him into the living room. He sat on the sofa and watched tv angrily. I kneeled in front of him.

"What's wrong Julian?"

"Nothing. Just leave it."

"Jules." I looked at him. He sighed.

"I just....these past few days I've been hearin from uncle George and dad about all of your past and how much fun you lot 'ad when you were my age. And here i am, some poor fifteen year old sap who's never done anythin interestin in his life. Other than bein mister big shots son, I'm just treated like any other kid my age."

I couldn't help but to break a small smile as he spoke. I understood how he must have felt. Hearing all the crazy stories from George and John. About the late night gigs and parties. The drinking, the smoking, the sex, girls, skipping school, no authorities. But he didn't hear about the lies, the cheating, heartbreaks, hospital visits, fighting, jail, the consequences that came with the good times.

"Julian, me and your father had some good times. We did I will admit that. But there are other stories you don't know about because those stories are bad ones."

"Yeah? Tell me one." He frowned.

I sighed and rested my head on his lap. "Well, did they ever tell you about my miscarriage in Hamburg?"

He shook his head. I went on.

"Your uncle Paul took me to a doctor in Germany. I found out I was pregnant, but I ended up losing it after a few weeks. I was pretty broken up over it but I didn't say anything. I expected your father to be there for me but...he was off sleeping with other girls every night during our parties after the gigs. I would sleep in your uncle Richard's room so I could have some alone time. Those were the times I wished I just had a normal life. I was a nineteen year old dealing with grown up issues. I didn't have to be there. I chose too. It was around that time I found out your father was still seeing your mother. I felt betrayed but...I stayed with him. It didn't stop from their either. There's a lot of stupid shit your father put me through. I put him through some stuff as well. Going behind his back with your uncle George. He would listen to me and remind me of the fun side of the whole rock n roll life. Your father hated seeing me and George together. I guess I enjoyed messing around behind his back because in a way....that was the only way I knew he still loved me." I stayed quiet and looked down.

"I'm sorry....I didn't know."

I looked up at him and shrugged. "It doesn't matter anymore. We got over it. Look at us now."

"I'm sorry for dad hurtin you. I just...I don't like bein treated like a kid. Like I'm Maxwell or somethin."

I looked up at him. "So what? You want me to start givin you cigarettes and givin you a beer instead of soda?" I raised an eyebrow.

"That'd be nice." He gave me a sarcastic smile.

"Yeah? And I stop bein a mother figure and become your friend?" I asked, leaning up to him, our faces inches apart. He rolled his eyes and shrugged.

"I dunno. Maybe. You're not even my real mother." He said sarcastically. I bit my lip as he looked at me. What happened next was completely unorthodox.

"Not your real mother huh?" I asked, leaning in and pressing my lips on his. He froze as I kissed him, but soon, his lips returned the favor. After a few seconds, I pulled away and giggled as his face was completely red.

"Now excuse me, I have a little boy to feed." I stood up and ruffled his hair as I made my way into the hall.

..

Four days later

As the next few days passed, John's stay began to grow longer and longer and longer. Julian was happy at first, but the more he witnessed mine and John's love affair, he seemed more annoyed than angry. Maxwell loved it since Sean stayed regularly as well, the two becoming close friends. Yoko off visiting relatives.

It was the morning of George's departure. Back off to England. I was going to miss him madly. I was just glad him and John managed to mend things between their estranged relationship.

I stood sadly, holding George's hand as he said his goodbyes to the boys. Then he turned to me.

"Aw come on love. We'll meet again."

"Yeah. Whenever that'll be. I'm going to miss you so much. I love you."

"I love ye too Luce. Look um..." he pulled me to the side. "If things begin to get unsteady between you and John, just remember you 'ave a home in England. A lovely home full of memories. A home for you to finally be happy. I didn't know Andrew too well. But I'm sure he bought it for you to live the life you always dreamed."

I smiled and nodded. "I know George. I'll keep that in mind."

"Good." He grinned, kissing my cheek.

Just then, his flight was called. I sighed. "That's you."

"Hey, give me a smile yeah?"

He nudged my chin up, my eyes meeting his. I blushed and leaned up, kissing him. He moved his lips with mine, giving me his final touch. Then soon, he was walking away. I waved as the boys did the same.

"Bye Uncle Georgie!" Max yelled. I kissed his cheek as we made our way back to the car.

.....