Chapter 9.

Me and John must have been staring at each other for what seems like forever. Not moving. Not making a sound. Just looking over one another. We jumped when Julian ran out of the restroom, jumping into John's arms.

I looked down as James hid behind me, peeking out at John. I wasn't sure what to even do. I was still trying to collect my thoughts.

"Doesn't mum look pretty dad??" Julian said.

"Jules...don't start." I said, not even making eye contact with John.

"No..he's right. You do look pretty. Beautiful actually."

I looked at him and gave him a small smile. "Thanks."

He nodded and took a step forward. I had to admit, seeing him again gave me butterflies in my stomach. The small spark glowing the closer he came. I chewed on my lip and shut my eyes as he pulled me into a warm hug. I buried my face into the curve of his neck, his scent so familiar. I felt warm. My body fitting prefectly with his.

"I missed you so much." He said into my ear.

"I didn't want to see you. I didn't want this to happen. Fuckin hell seeing you again made me realise just how much I missed you too." I said pulling away from him. He looked into my eyes and gave me a smile. I returned the favour before looking away. I felt James hug my leg, looking up at us. I laughed and pulled him forward.

"I um, think there's someone you should meet."

John kneeled down and looked at James, who looked confused. "Holy...he looks just like me." He said to himself. I smiled and watched as John explained who he was.

Soon, a man came out and called John on stage. He stood up, after giving James a hug. I looked up into his eyes as he spoke.

"Look um, after the gig I'd like to have a chat. Just you and me. If um, you're not busy."

I thought for a few seconds and nodded. "Okay. I'll um, meet you back here after the show."

He nodded and kissed my cheek, before going out, receiving hundreds of cheers and screams from the crowd. I looked down at Julian and raised my eyebrows.

"Why?" I asked.

"James had a right to meet his father." He walked away, back to Andrew. I just stared after him and sighed. If he thinks that anything is going to go on between me and John from all of this, he was wrong.

..

I went back with Andrew into the crowd, linking my arm with his. He smiled and looked at me.

"You alright? You look a bit shaken up. Is this because of him?" He pointed on stage to John. I nodded.

"I was just caught off by surprise, that's all."

"Did you talk to him?"

I nodded again. "Yeah. He um, wants to talk after the show."

"And??"

"I told him I would. I don't want things between us to be held on grudges and always arguing. Plus, James got to finally meet his father. I just....I dont want him seeing us fight, the way Julian did."

He nodded and kissed the top of my head. "I'm glad you want to make things right Luce."

I smiled at him and kissed his cheek. "I dunno when I'll be back to the hotel. Take care of the boys for me yeah?"

"Yeah no problem. Lucy?"

"Yeah?"

"Be nice."